Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 15, 2012, 03:00 PM
    Again, I would not go until you have been awarded custody. That's my feeling. It isn't necessary, but I wouldn't do it.
    Zahide Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 03:07 PM
    Awarded custody? That means to wait for it to go to the courts their?
    Then I have to wait longer to see her! I don't know if I can do that... 😔
    It's been weeks since I saw her.
    If Tge girl friend meets me with her that's a good thing no??
    I understand what your saying...
    But I'm sure I have a rite to see her being awarded or not.. No?
    Also as Tge girlfriend will meet me with her..?
    Otherwise I mute have to wait months if it goes to court and she dose not want me Tgen the judge has to see why... I know I'll get her back in the end because I will not give up. But just don't want it draging on? X

Sep 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
    First, you should be filing for custody where YOU live not in Cyprus! That is still her residence. I doubt if she has been in Cyprus long enough to establish residence. Plus you do not want to concede that she lives there. As you have said her home is with you,

Second, I hope you have a solicitor to advise you. I'm at a disadvantage here in that I don't know international law in these matters.

It is still my feeling that youshould only go there with the idea of bringing her back with you. Which is why I advise getting custody first. You should never have let her go there until you had custody.

Sep 15, 2012, 03:58 PM
    I will speak with a soliciter again on Monday
    Thank you for your help xx
    Ps would I need to have her with me? Or dose her dad have to sign papers?
    Or can I do it alone?

Sep 15, 2012, 04:50 PM
    You don't need her, but he will probably have to be served notice. He might be required to appear or lose by default.

Sep 16, 2012, 03:55 AM
    What's loose by default mean ?
    Thank you

Sep 16, 2012, 04:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahide View Post
    What's loose by default mean ?
    Thank you
    If he doesn't appear to fight the custody order, the court may grant you custody.

Sep 16, 2012, 04:28 AM
    Omg

When I think a out it when my sister got to a call from him he said the is a court on 27th and that I will have to be their. My sister said what for and she said you are not making sense!!
    Do you think he was saying I need to be at a court in Cyprus on 27th to try get me to give him custody... I can't believe it.. So if I don't turn up, he may be given custody?? Or will they see my daughter has on been in Cyprus 9 weeks and they will not give him custody??

Sep 16, 2012, 08:01 AM
    Omg

When I think a out it when my sister got to a call from him he said the is a court on 27th and that I will have to be their. My sister said what for and she said you are not making sence!!!
    Do you think he was saying I need to be at a court in Cyprus on 27th to try get me to give him custody... I can't beleive it .. So if I don't turn up, he may be given custody ???? Or will they see my daughter has on been in Cyprus 9 weeks and they will not give him custody???
    Yes, this is very possible. If he filed for Custody in Cyprus a hearing would have been scheduled. You need to be at that hearing or have a representative there or the courts could award him custody.

You NEED to speak to a solicitor right away. First thing Monday. You do have to be properly served notice of the hearing, so your solicitor may get it delayed on those grounds. Also, I'm not sure if Cyprus would have jurisdiction as I said earlier.

The problem is there is too much going on here. The international aspect of it, and other legal issues. For example, you never told us that there was a court hearing scheduled. We are limited in the help we can give because we don't know all the facts or the laws.

A solicitor can research and see what the hearing on the 27th is about and will know how to deal with it.

My opinion here, for what its worth, is that you will eventually regain custody. But not without a solicitor to help you deal with this.

Keep us posted but act immediately.

Sep 16, 2012, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Yes, this is very possible. If he filed for Custody in Cyprus a hearing would have been scheduled. You need to be at that hearing or have a representative there or the courts could award him custody.

You NEED to speak to a solicitor right away. First thing Monday. You do have to be properly served notice of the hearing, so your solicitor may get it delayed on those grounds. Also, I'm not sure if Cyprus would have jurisdiction as I said earlier.

The problem is there is too much going on here. The international aspect of it, and other legal issues. For example, you never told us that there was a court hearing scheduled. We are limited in the help we can give because we don't know all the facts or the laws.

A solicitor can research and see what the hearing on the 27th is about and will know how to deal with it.

My opinion here, for what its worth, is that you will eventually regain custody. But not without a solicitor to help you deal with this.

Keep us posted but act immediately.
    Yes I will do first thing Monday.
    Thank you for all your help

Sep 16, 2012, 08:47 AM
    Do you think I could go to court hearing if that is what it is he is talking about and refuse it for him to have custody and I file for custody in Cyprus with a soliciter it will be quicker to get her back home??
    I will talk to local authorities and soliciter Monday
    X
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 02:09 PM
    Do you think I could go to court hearing if that is what it is he is talking about and refuse it for him to have custody and I file for custody in Cyprus with a soliciter it will be quicker to get her back home???
    I will talk to local authorities and soliciter Monday
    X
    No you don't want to do that. The reason is because then Cyprus will hold jurisdiction. What you want is for that jurisdiction they are claiming to have stricken down. Then proceed in your local court so all future matters can be heard there. Not in Cyprus.

Sep 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
    I agree with Califdad. This is what I've been telling you. You do NOT want ot legitimize the claim in Cyprus. Even if you do go to the hearing, your position is that she has always lived with you and therefore her country of residence is in the UK. That means the UK has juridiction and Cyprus doesn't. So any custody action has to be done in the UK. I'm sure your solicitor will advise the same.

Sep 16, 2012, 04:36 PM
    Ok thank you
    For all your help 😔

Sep 23, 2012, 04:11 PM
    My daughter hates me
    Why dose my daughter hate me.
    Me and her dad broke up when she was 4 and I would be stressed as we were homeless and I would shout. Be to be fair she played up a lot. But she was always attention seeking it was tuff. Her dad came back into her life at 7 and to be honest done a lot of damage wich my daughter will not remember.
    Anyway she went to visit him in Cyprus and he wants to keep her I am fight Tge legal way to get her back. Je is going to get taken to court. She now says she hates me and to die and scared to be alone with me. The only thing I can think the reason is because she thinks I will tell her off. But told her I'm not angry with her just so upset Tge way sges spking to me. I'm angry with her dad for letting her have a choice on where to live. She hates me it's hurting so bad I feel I'm not a good mum and I want her back to normal.
    Please help x
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 23, 2012, 04:22 PM
    Why dose my daughter hate me.
    Me and her dad broke up when she was 4 and I would be stressed as we were homeless and I would shout. Be to be fair she played up a lot. But she was always attention seeking it was tuff. Her
    This is most likely why.

You were stressed and took it out on her (a child). Attention seeking? Seriously? Wow! Can you blame her? She was not only a child, but obviously felt neglected enough to "play it up".

Then you wonder why...

People go through stressful times, however, children at that age should have NO indication of what is going on. They should feel safe and secure regardless if YOU aren't. That is YOUR duty as a parent.

So... why does your daughter hate you? Ask her.

Sep 23, 2012, 04:26 PM
    I am now going to report it to the police I have been told that I should have before my soliciter didn't advice me this. So I will tmrw. My daughter now told me after aweek not answering the phone to day they answerd and she Asi she's scared to be alone. I told her she's rude to me and not to be scared. She thinks I'll go mad at her and tell her off. Coz she told be to die like my mum. I'm so upset. Will she regret talking to me like this or even no it's ring and love me again I really hope so in so hurt 😔

Sep 23, 2012, 04:32 PM
    Yes your rite she must of felt unsafe
    I guess she saw too much!
    It couldn't be helped at times.
    She told me she hates me because I don't give her attention. That is not true. I think because we have moved every year since she was small it's effected her. And her dad has a big house money etc and can't remember what he done. Made me bankrupt and left Tge country. She said her dads better than me and that if I love her I will let her stay their. I wish I never let her go. I guess I never made her feel safe as a kid then? I feel sick but I don't deserve this 😔
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 23, 2012, 04:35 PM
    THREADS MeRGED

Sep 23, 2012, 04:46 PM
    What can I do to correct things with my daughter. Told her she means the world to me today and more important to me than anyone in the world. She just said if u love me let me live here. & wishes I was dead. I'm in shock. What can I do? 😓

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father of my daughter may not be her biological father [ 10 Answers ]

When I got with my ex partner I had just got out of a relationship. I then found out I was pregnant. The date matched up to my partner at the time and we went on to have our daughter and his name went on the birth certificate. We then started to argue as people had said how my daughter didn't look...

Father! Marcelino montalvo. A daughter in need of her real father [ 14 Answers ]

Ok I now you hear this a lot but I am looking for my father.. I haven't seen him since I was a couple of months.. but when I was 16 and ranaway I saw him at the best buy in kendall Florida.. but I didn't say anything to him. I regret it and I just want him in my life. His name is marcelino...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

View more questions Search