Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kyle93 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 05:33 AM
    EXPLAINING argument with friends
    A narrati ve essay explaining argument with friends.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 05:35 AM
    How do you "explain" an argument in an essay? Tell me more about the assignment.

Sep 14, 2012, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How do you "explain" an argument in an essay? Tell me more about the assignment.
    1. WRITE A NARRATIVE ESSAY EXPLAINING ARGUMENT WITH FRIENDS.

That is the question..
    This essay must be written and handed true my lecturer email..
    Minimum 4pages..
    How can it be done?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Homeschooling assignment?

What have you been studying that led to this assignment?

Sep 14, 2012, 06:04 AM
    Homeschooling assignment?

What have you been studying that led to this assignment?
    I am taking Aviation management. This is one of the subject code (ENG 2023) ALL ABOUT ESSAY WRITING
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 06:12 AM
    First, decide on a topic. What could friends argue about?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 06:15 AM
    Here are the rules for a narrative essay --

Narration is telling a story from a certain viewpoint, and there is usually a reason for the telling. All narrative essays will have characters, setting, climax, and most importantly, a plot. The plot is the focus of the story and is usually revealed chronologically, but there are sometimes flash forwards and flash backs.

In writing a narrative essay, remember to:

Include sensory and emotional details, so the reader will experience the story, not just read about it
    Have the story support the point you are making, and make reference to that point in the first sentence.
    Write in the first or third person.

http://examples.yourdictionary.com/essay-examples.html

Sep 14, 2012, 06:20 AM
    First, decide on a topic. What could friends argue about?
    I have try written an eXample..
    Perhaps you be able to help me to spot whether can be used?

Any argument should do it..
    As long is a Narrative Essay
    Any other suggestion?
    Here is my essay..

In a small world, hard for me to believe that I have fallen out with my friend and I don't know how to move on. For some context, I'm a guy, my friend is female, and no, there are no romantic intentions at all (I know some may find that hard to believe!) Our friendship also includes another person, also female and over the last 3 years, the 3 of us have become incredibly close to each other, to the point where we are almost soul mates and have shared just about every emotion there is. I love them both dearly, more than I ever expected I could love a friend.

So, last week I found out that the girls have been planning, in secret, to go on a holiday to New York. The following day, I confronted my friends about it and from one of them, I received an apology and we are friends again. They had been keeping it secret as they didn't want me to feel jealous and I accept that and, although I am jealous, I have told them that that is my problem to deal with and not their. There is some history of why I am feeling jealous, and it has felt to me for a few months that we do fewer things together and the two girls do lots of things.

However, the other friend did not talk to me about it other than sending me a text message to say I was being childish, and the next day I received an awful e-mail from her. Paraphrasing, it said she was incredibly sad regarding what has happened and that she feels so let down and that she does not want to talk about it.

I did eventually speak to her, without pressing her into it, and now she tells me that she is upset with something that I did 5 months ago.

She was seeing some guy back then who was being pretty nasty to her and she said to me and the other friend "If he comes over on Friday, then I'll see him, otherwise you guys can come over instead but I won't know till Friday daytime". This did annoy me and a few days later, I thought I would let her know that it felt like being treated like a second class person. I thought that was the end of it, but it seems she has been fuming over it ever since.

So since last week, we haven't spoken and I'm heartbroken. All I want to do is talk to her and try to sort it out, but I'm stuck in this state of limbo until something is done. What I don't want to do is go against her wishes and try to coerce her into talking to me for fear that it will just push her away again.

Some additional info about her. She has been feeling really, really low lately and that is obviously a factor. Also I'm not 100% sure that the 5 month old argument is really a factor and perhaps she only brought it up out of spite.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 06:25 AM
    Nice job so far! Throw in dialogue and also more description like about the friends and yourself and about the trip to NYC, what you'd do there for instance (to add more words to the essay).

Sep 14, 2012, 06:39 AM
    Nice job so far! Throw in dialogue and also more description like about the friends and yourself and about the trip to NYC, what you'd do there for instance (to add more words to the essay).
    Can you please lend me your hand.. help me out with dialogue and also more description like about the friends and yourself and about the trip to NYC, what you'd do there for instance (to add more words to the essay) like you said? Please.. I really crack my head.. I got other 3essays such as:

2. WRITE A PERSUASIVE ESSAY REGARDING THE IMPORTANCE OF SAVING MONEY.
    3. WRITE AN ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY E XPLAINING THE POSITI VES AND NEGATI VES STUDYING LAST MINUTES.
    4. WRITE AN E XPLANATORY ESSAY ON HOW MIRRORS ARE MADE.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh >.<
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 06:59 AM
    When are these due?

Sep 14, 2012, 07:05 AM
    When are these due?
    Can you please lend me your hand.. help me out with dialogue and also more description like about the friends and yourself and about the trip to NYC, what you'd do there for instance (to add more words to the essay) like you said? Please.. I really crack my head..
    So my first essay will be much better..

?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 07:08 AM
    I will improve your first paragraph to show you what you can do. I will NOT write your essays for you.

Sep 14, 2012, 07:16 AM
    I will improve your first paragraph to show you what you can do. I will NOT write your essays for you.
    Ok .thanks..
    I just need more ideas..
    That can be conclude in my essay..
    Which part of my essay needed more ideas??
    Such as?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 07:19 AM
    I must live in a really small world with very few friends. Now, it turns out that I have upset both of them in various ways, and they have turned on me. Truth be told, I really don't like myself any longer, don't like who I have become. I don't known when it started, but I have fallen out with my friends and don't know how to move on. Just to add a bit of context, I'm a guy. Normally, I am a very cool guy and even a handsome and well-put-together guy. One of my friends is female (no, there are no romantic intentions at all--and I know some may find that hard to believe!). My friendship with her includes another person who is also female. During the past three years, the three of us have become incredibly close to each other, even to the point where we are almost soul mates. We've each had our ups and downs in life with illness and school problems and family upsets. Because of all that, we've shared just about every emotion there is. I love them both dearly, more than I ever expected I could love another human being (even my mom).

Sep 14, 2012, 07:29 AM
    I must live in a really small world with very few friends. Now, it turns out that I have upset both of them in various ways, and they have turned on me. Truth be told, I really don't like myself any longer, don't like who I have become. I don't known when it started, but I have fallen out with my friends and don't know how to move on. Just to add a bit of context, I'm a guy. Normally, I am a very cool guy and even a handsome and well-put-together guy. One of my friends is female (no, there are no romantic intentions at all--and I know some may find that hard to believe!). My friendship with her includes another person who is also female. During the past three years, the three of us have become incredibly close to each other, even to the point where we are almost soul mates. We've each had our ups and downs in life with illness and school problems and family upsets. Because of all that, we've shared just about every emotion there is. I love them both dearly, more than I ever expected I could love another human being (even my mom).
    Thanks.. so that is the first paragraph..?
    But is in 3 paragraph?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
    thanks.. so that is the first paragraph..???
    but is in 3 paragraph??
    You said you need four pages. Four pages for each essay? Four essays, one page per essay?

I had taken your first paragraph, made it longer, and broke it up more.

Sep 14, 2012, 07:40 AM
    You said you need four pages. Four pages for each essay? Four essays, one page per essay?

I had taken your first paragraph, made it longer, and broke it up more.
    So that means that is the first paragraph total all..
    Ok2..
    Yup.. abit more my first essay will be complete..
    Than proceed to 2nd essay..

2.PERSUASIVE ESSAY REGARDING THE IMPORTANCE OF SAVING MONEY.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 07:43 AM
    Your assignment says four pages. One page per essay? The essay I worked on is NOT finished. I rewrote only the first paragraph to show you how to do it.

Sep 14, 2012, 07:49 AM
    Your assignment says four pages. One page per essay? The essay I worked on is NOT finished. I rewrote only the first paragraph to show you how to do it.
    I got 4 essays...
    1 essay (4pages according the mircsoft words )

There some more? With my first essay?
    What u mean by NOT finished.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where does it go from here? (quite long, but no other way of explaining this) [ 1 Answers ]

Let me start from the very beginning. March 2008 About 4 and a half years ago, I was with a guy I was crazy for. We really liked each other, and ended up being our first.. . well, pretty much everything. I was in love for the first time. Or at least I thought at the time. I was young. I knew...

Explaining a joke [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone explain the joke to me "2 biscuits walking down the road 1 said"I have not seen you round here before where do you live" the other one says " I'm not teling you because you'll come round and pinch my washing". Is it designed to confuse people so you can laugh at them struggling to...

Acceleration explaining [ 2 Answers ]

Analyze the motion of a rock dropped in water in term of its speed and acceleration. Assume that a resistive force acting on a rock increases as the velocity increases? please help... I don't understand this =[ A sky diver falls through the air. As the speed if the sky diver increases, whtat...

Unsound argument and invalid argument [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between an unsound argument and an invalid argument? Give an example of each. When you are building an argument for an issue that is significant to you, do you think it is more important to be sound or valid? Why?

Explaining Telecommunications [ 2 Answers ]

What would you say to someone who is not technically savvy in order to explain how a general model of telecommunications works?

View more questions Search