Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisa Kerr1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 12:38 PM
    Garnishment return date is wrong
    Received a garnishment of wages. The return date should be 11/26/2013 and the court listed it as 11/26/2013, because of this error should my employer not honor it. Trying to work out payment arrangements with attorney and says it cannot be done until the garnishment return date is met, and in this case it is over a year?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
    In case you didn't notice... those dates as typed are identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Kerr1
    Garnishment return date is wrong

Received a garnishment of wages. The return date should be 11/26/2013 and the court listed it as 11/26/2013, because of this error should my employer not honor it. Trying to work out payment arrangements with attorney and says it cannot be done until the garnishment return date is met, and in this case it is over a year?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 13, 2012, 04:45 PM
    Can you define Return Date? But I doubt if a type makes the writ of execution invalid.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 04:56 PM
    No, a typo does not make it invalid. They already have a judgement, so I don't see them agree to any payment if they can just garnish you pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax return garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I got a letter 2 weeks after filing my 2011 return that I owe federal from 2010. I talked the lady and proceeded to fax a payment plan to them. She told me since I was responding to the first corrspondence I will be fine and my return will reach me in time... How true is this? And if they decide...

How to get a tax return without a garnishment against your taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Hello If my wages are currently being garnished, and I do get a tax refund from the federal and state will the refunds be garnished also?

Federal Tax return garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

Who can garnish my federal tax return?

Garnishment after Judgement SOL date? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, Back in August, 1996 a district court judgement was issued against me for a deficiency balance for a car I let go back to the dealer in 1996. I live in Iowa. The default judgement was entered 9.26.97 and here it is 10/3/07 and they are filing a garnishment against me. The SOL for Iowa...

View more questions Search