Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcs99rcs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 11:26 AM
    Dog containment fence installation
    Hello... I am installing an invisible fence for my dog... the boundary (going around the yard) is 12-gauge, and runs into a surge protector... then there is a feed wire from surge protector to control box (brains of the containment system)... My question: can the feed wire from surge-protector to control box be a different size than the boundary wire? For instance, can I use 14- or 20- gauge for that portion? I am wondering if it would impact the performance of the set-up, or if it is dangerous to have different size wires in the set-up...

Check out some similar questions!

My dog keeps jumping the fence? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Peke/JRT and he insists on jumping the fence, if there is something on the other side or not. We raised the fence 2 feet, and now it is at the maximum the city will allow, and he STILL jumps it. We are thinking of getting an underground fence plus the existing fence. Do you think it will...

Dog keeps jumping the fence! [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, As some of you know I have a lab cross. And she will not stay in the yard! We let her out got 5 minutes go out to get her and she is running around on the other side of the fence. My neighbours said they don't mind it, but I don't want her to get hit or decide to follow someone away. She...

Fence installation [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a privacy fence in my backyard. Do you have an suggestions to ensure the slates(boards) are even on the top? Is the a quick and easy way to to install without having to measure each board? Thanks

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.