Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bryanwhite78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Murray 10.5hp riding mower won't shift gears
    I have all the linkage off and still won't shift by hand. Its stuck. Please email me [email protected]
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Hi,
    Your problem is in the shifter detent ball inside the transmission. They have gotten moisture contaminated and rusted and stuck. There are two screws in the top of the transaxle that get to them; they are lock-tited so it will take heating with a propane torch to loosen the Locktite and remove them. If you gave numbers, I would look them up for you.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray riding mower won't charge the battery [ 2 Answers ]

I had to replace my battery on my Murray Select riding mower because I thought it was a goner. When I got the new battery installed the mower started right up like new and did fine for the first cut. The next week I go to cut the grass again and it won't start. Batterys completely drained again....

Murray 46" riding mower operates in all gears except "Reverse". Your thoughts please. [ 0 Answers ]

My Murray 46" Riding Mower's transmisson functions in forward gears, but not in, "Reverse". Your assistance is appreciated.

Riding Mower stuck between gears, can't go anywhere [ 2 Answers ]

I was cutting my lawn today and put tracter into reverse then went to put back into second gear and I got stuck between. Can't move shifter. I tried lubricating what I could see. I have a Craftsman Riding Mower, not sure of year but I would say it is about 10 years old. Any guidance would be...

Murray 17 1/5hp 45 in cut mower [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change blades on Mower To remove blades doI turn clock or counter clock How can I keep the blades from turning When installing new blades

View more questions Search