Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gamer Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Windows xp pro very slow bootup
    Ok I have this weird problem with bootup in winxp pro.
    When I start windows it takes about 5-6 minutes to boot(white line at bottom of screen). Then it boots to windows after have way across? I did repair install because they want to keep there files(not my pc), also changed vid drivers.I still think it is a vid problem.
    Specs:

Gateway Profile 4
    P4 2.5 533 mhz
    512mb
    80Gb HD
    Gforce2 mx 64 mb
    Win xp pro
    Please respond soon thank you.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 11, 2007, 03:45 PM
    What exactly is your question?

At what part of the booting process is it slowest? From Bios to Windows boot screen, or from boot screen to desktop?

If its Bios to Windows boot screen, it can be a hardware problem.

If it's the boot screen to desktop, it can be drivers and too many services that are loading.

You can speed up boot screen to desktop my running some Windows maintenance, disabling un-necessary services and stopping un-needed startup items.
    gamer Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Bios to Windows boot screen, yea I know it may be video problem, my hands are tied right now but I did tell them it needs to be formated, has more issues than video, slow apps defrag and ran ware checks virus checks removed all that were there, still no luck but did run better, until I loaded sp2 then went back to slow loading again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows XP Pro Hanging up [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with Windows hanging up at the shutdown screen after it has saved settings and is in the "Shutting Down" mode. Additionally the system seems to not want to start some programs when I launch them or freezes while they are loading or running. It is not consistent as to which...

Windows XP Home vs XP PRO [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between Windows XP for Home Use, and Windows XP Professional? Does the professional version have anything more than the home edition, and if so, what does it have? Thank you!

Windows xp pro print [ 4 Answers ]

How do you print with xp pro?

Ever heard of these guys?. Windows XP Pro $39.95! [ 6 Answers ]

Has anyone here ever heard of these guys and if so, are they legit? http://www.oemprospect.biz/index.html Stop by and take a look! http://www.computerremediesonline.com

Ever heard of these guys?. Windows XP Pro $39.95! [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone here ever heard of these guys and if so, are they legit? http://www.oemprospect.biz/index.html

View more questions Search