Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dell user Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 09:23 PM
    Yellow question Marks
    I have a yellow mark next to Ethernet and media. I have tried right clicking on it to repair it but it just wants to install a disk. Can anyone help me get these question marks off the Ethernet and media control. Thanks
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Sep 13, 2012, 03:34 PM
    That usually happens when you reinstall or repair your operating system. If you do not have an ethernet card or sound card (media) then the drivers for your motherboard need to be installed. Go to the manufacturers website and look up drivers for your specific model. Sometimes Windows will install drivers from its disk but it doesn't have all of them and so some get yellowed out. There is also a free app called "Unknown Device Identifier" that can help you identify the missing device but its more helpful for cards than motherboard drivers since the manufacturer site method is more accurate. If you give your maunufacturer and model number it would be easier for us to look it up for you, but some motherboards have more than one revision and drivers can be different between them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question Marks, Cash Cows, Stars, and Dogs? [ 1 Answers ]

Question Marks, Cash Cows, Stars, and Dogs? I am writing a paper on BCG matrix in marketing. I am having trouble coming up with examples of each. I came up with one for cash cow, but I really need to mention several of each in my paper. Pleas help with examples and why they would fall into each...

Ethernet controller disappeared Dell Desktop WinXP- Yellow question mark [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... apparently my ethernet controller disappeared about a month ago. I noticed this when I tried to turn open an internet browser. I have a XPS/Dimension 410/9200 Dell Desktop. With Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. When I turn on the computer, it says found new hardware- Ethernet...

Honeywell RTH221B help, Red Yellow White Yellow Green Blue wires? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I got a new thermostat for the house but went to replace the old one and I have a Yellow, Green, Red, White, and Blue wires but the thermostat has the Y, G, Rh, Rc, and W. An electrician friend hooked it up for me and did the following: Y - Yellow G - Green Rh - Red with a jumper to Rc W -...

Question for people using lighting product just to get rid of dark marks [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've been reading through these questions but I haven't quite found an answer. My question is to people just trying to lighten dark spots caused by acne. I think I am satisfied with my skin color in general, I just need something that will effectively lighten the dark spots on my face left...

View more questions Search