Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    281287 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 12:04 PM
    Not physically attracted to my first boyfriend of four years
    I'm not really sure if I want to be with my boyfriend anymore. I'm 21 and have been with him for almost five years now. I just feel like he is more of a friend than a boyfriend, and I really don't feel attracted to him at all. I feel like that's a really shallow reason to be questioning our relationship because he is an extremely nice guy, and on paper everything I could ask for, but I just don't feel like I click with him. I'm really shy and so is he, and I think we are a little bit too shy for each other. I don't know what to do because I don't want to lose a great catch, but he was my first boyfriend and I don't really know if I'm missing anything and if it's supposed to be something more.

I feel like I should want to be around him all the time and enjoy hugging and kissing him, but for some reason I don't have that connection. I really try to and I cant. And him being my first boyfriend I'm not sure if that's just me and I'd be like that with anyone or if we just don't really click. I don't even enjoy kissing him, which I don't think is normal. For a 21 and 22 year old the most we have done was made out a few times, and every single time all I could think about is when can we stop.

I feel so bad I'm not attracted and try to be but I just don't feel anything and I never have. I feel like it's not really him I'm not attracted to, but possibly his personality. He is way too much like me, and I think that makes him feel like a brother. Is it possible someone can be too nice, I'm not saying I want someone to be mean to me but I don't want everything we do to try to please me and make me the decision maker.

I want a guy who can make decisions and really think I'm attracted to people who are more outgoing, because they bring out my more outgoing and playful side. When other people are more outgoing and playful I don't feel as awkward being that way. I think I need someone who brings out my more outgoing side and better qualities versus suppress them, even if that suppression isn't being done on pupose.
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2012, 12:08 PM
    If you're not happy then leave. Plain and simple. It's unfair to you and extremely unfair to him if you stay.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 12:45 PM
    There is no shame in wanting to experiment and explore other options. Just be honest about it with him. Feelings are subject to change all the time. Yours have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abused mentally and physically for 22 years [ 4 Answers ]

I need all the help I can get!! I was mentally abused for 22 years by my sons father. About 11 months ago he brought an Indian lady into our home to live. We all lived together for 8 months that is my sons father, his new girlfriend and my son. During this time my sons father always hid...

Boyfriend has no interest in me physically. [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I need advise on my current boyfriend who is not interested in a physical relationship. We have been dateing for about six months, and he has a very low sex drive. Because of his size he isn't confident, and tells me he isn't comfortable with my body yet. I am very thin and relatively good...

I am dating a man but an not attracted to him physically. [ 9 Answers ]

I have been dating a man for 6 months now and am not physically attracted to him at all. He is a wonderful man, educated, successful, and treats me like a lady. We have fun together and enjoy listenting to music, going out to eat and being active. We are both in our late forties. He smokes...

Not physically attracted. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with a really wonderful lady for over 6 months now. She is intelligent, very attractive and just a wonderful person. I am emotionally attracted to her. We get along very well and always have a great time together. Of late, she has been leaning towards getting...

View more questions Search