Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motorbuild Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 11:38 AM
    Does anyone have any advice useful??
    Hello, if anyone out their can help me with this I will be more than satisfied!
    Well I am currently 18 and I want to move out and explore the world, I know I am ready and I know what I want out of life. I just don't know how to tell my dad or even convince him on how I want to leave or move out. I tried talking to him about it yesterday and man the look that came upon that mans face was dreadful! My situation is that my boyfriend wants me to move in with him his mom got me this really good job with great hours and great pay and I am also going to school in the same place he does in porter and Chester for auto mechanic. My father thinks it's a bad idea for me to move in with him because he's afraid or I don't know what his case is but I honestly don't want to depend on my father for the rest of my life nor do I want to ask him for money. Does anyone have any advice useful??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 11:52 AM
    So you are going to live off your boyfriend's family instead of your dad? I'd have an "Oh, man!" look on my face too.

Why not live at home until you have a good hunk of money saved up and then find an apartment?

What will happen if you follow your plan and then you and your boyfriend break up?
    Sleepy123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 01:19 PM
    Hey,
    Well if you are responsible enough then go for it. Do you have all your bills paid? Banks school ? Loans? If so then I say go for it as long as all your priorities and past debts are paid off. There's nothing better in this world then not owing money to nothing or nobody. You are young and bad credit is a killer when trying to move out! Another thing, is it worth moving out and trading the love of your father for someone else? And are you sure he's the one for you? Have you spent enough time around him? Don't rush into a commitment just because you want to escape your issues. Being honest to yourself is the best guidance. Everything will fall in place once its time my dear.
    Hope all is well
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 05:50 PM
    Who is paying the bills. Who currently provides a car, a cell phone and other things.

If you had to walk out of the house today with the things you paid for, what would it be?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some advice [ 1 Answers ]

So I had unprotected sex during the last days of my period. Well it stopped, but now a week later my period is back again. Is this bad? What doss it mean?

I want to get your advice, to make sure I am giving the correct advice [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine emailed me her question, knowing that I have gone through the custody thing before myself. She asked me when she can file abandonment on her sons father. I want to run by you what I am emailing her back to make sure I give her the correct information. Thank you for your help :)

I need advice! [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: I just found out I'm pregnant by my ex. He was physically and emotionally abusive. He told me the last time we spoke that if I ever became pregnant by him he would do "anything necessary to get rid of it". I decided not to tell him but I just thought of a very big problem, I go back to...

I need some advice [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant. For about 5 months... I started my period about 2 weeks early and it was pink then brown and now it's like a redish maroon with a little bit of clotting... what could be going on? This happened before too. I just really want to get...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

View more questions Search