Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynn hopkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Can I sell my house during bankruptcy
    Can I sell my house during bankruptsy and can the court ger my equity?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Hello lynn:

I don't think you can. You asked the court to intervene, and they did. You can't ask them to NOT intervene on this issue. Certainly, you owe people money. Why would you think the court would let you keep THIS money?

Plus, if you try to do this, you could be guilty of bankruptcy fraud, and they could put you in jail - probably would.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 09:54 AM
    If you are in chapter 7, the bankruptcy will sell your house if you are not going to keep it.

IF you are in Chapter 13 you can sell it, but are only allowed keep the amount that is allowed for cash.
    But you can't sell it without the trustees permission.

And what do you think? You can sell your home, keep all the cash and not pay the people you owe?? Come on, you did not really believe that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CH.7 BANKRUPTCY  & Qualifying to Buying a house [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Expert: Hi, can you please tell me how long does CH. 7 bankruptcy lasts? I heard that if a person declare bankruptcy before 2000, then the length of time is 7 years. And after, 2000, it is 10 years. Is that correct? What happened was I declared bankruptcy in June, 1997, but was...

Buying house due to bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a house due to bankruptcy. Iwas asked to register by sending 3% of the amount of the house, appear in court on Jan 17 and bid. If I win the bid, in 10 days they want the loan closed. It's no contingencies in any form so I need to gamble the inspection fee before bidding. If I win the...

Need To Sell My House [ 3 Answers ]

My house is on the market and we need to sell before we lose it to foreclosure, how long do I have to try to sell it before we lose it? It is not official yet, but possible this month if we do not catch up on past payments. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Can he sell the house if the deeds in his name [ 1 Answers ]

I want to buy a propery in Florida from a man who is going through a divorce. He bought the house when he was single and only his name is on the deed. He got married later and now is going through a divorce. 1. Can he sell me the house? 2. His wife is still living in the house with her family....

View more questions Search