Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chere Markus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 08:02 AM
    When a quantitative blood test is done for pregnancy, when is the best time to test?
    When a quantitative blood test is done for pregnancy, when is the best time to test?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2012, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chere Markus View Post

"HCG appears in the blood and urine of pregnant women as early as 10 days after conception. Quantitative HCG measurements can help to determine the exact age of the fetus and can diagnose abnormal preqnancies, such as ectopic pregnancies, molar pregnancies, and potential miscarriages. It is also used as part of a screening test for Down Syndrome."

HCG blood test - quantitative: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
    Lianne Guadarra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 06:36 PM
    If you look over different peoples experiences over this condition, you will see there are no such specific times and no doctor even can say, this is the exact time to check. But you should know,what you will get from a blood test. From a usual blood test, you can check a numbers of things at a time. FIrstly they will take your blood by a needles and will carry it to store somewhere. Typically the entire test will take near about an hour and meanwhile the expert will check the red blood cell or RBC of your blood and iron in parallel.

Blood Testing In Indianapolis
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 06:42 PM
    There is no specific answer. The answers posted in books or online are averages. In other words, that's what the average (around 50%) of women will feel, or go through.

When it comes to pregnancy, or anything regarding a woman's body, averages don't help, and aren't accurate.

Some women don't get a positive pregnancy test until their second trimester. Some women get a positive 2 days after a missed period. Some women don't every get a positive, even minutes before they're about to deliver a baby. Anything is possible.

Blood tests aren't 100% accurate. No test is. Every test has the chance to fail.

How late is your period? When was the blood test done?

Give me a bit more info. That info won't determine if you're pregnant or not, no one can diagnose pregnancy online. But, that info would be helpful in determining if this is a matter of testing too soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood pregnancy test [ 1 Answers ]

Please doctor I want to know when can I do blood pregnancy test Also which type of blood pregnancy test is more accurate? Thanks

Pregnancy blood test ? Help [ 7 Answers ]

If I had sexual intercourse on may 25, and I took a blood pregnancy test on June 14 which resulted negative ( hcg level 1.83). It's a 20 day gap in between could it be posible for it to be a false negative or it would be accurate already if I did pregnant that day? Im trying to figure out who could...

9 days late negative house pregnancy test and negative blood test [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 9 days late on my period took 2 pregnancy home test and came out negative took a blood test 3 days after the last pregnancy test came out negative... could I still be pregnant??

Blood test or pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Is a blood test more accurate to tell if someone is pregnant than a pregancy test?

Blood pregnancy test ? [ 1 Answers ]

Could a blood pregnancy test be innacurate the 1st trimestre? :confused:

View more questions Search