Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamilsitan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 02:49 AM
    498 A and Cheating, Bigamy
    Live in relationship and having a child will come under bigamy act? I had a live in relationship with a girl and we had intention to marry after sometime. In between, I met a girl in office who fell in love with me and I was kind of attracted to her. At one point of time, I told the second girl that I already have s*xual contacts with another women(I never had any s*xual contact with the second girl). The second girl said that she can't live without me and demanded to marry her. I told this to the first girl and we three had a long discussions regarding that and finally we planned that I should marry the second girl so that my job will not be lost and continue to have live in relationship with first girl and we three should live in a same house. . Once the register marriage is over, she started acting against our agreement and she threatened me that I should not have any contact with the first girl. I had to leave the first girl because of the threaten by second girl as she said she will file police case against me. . After 6 months of marrying second girl, I once called first girl and understood that she is 7 months pregnant and she is carrying my child. Then I had to fight with the second girl and somehow managed to stay with the first girl during her delivery with the consent of second girl. . Then I rented a house for the first girl during delivery and I got introduced to the neighbors as her husband and I was only providing maintenance to the first girl. Visiting weekly once for some hours to spend time with child and providing meager money for expenses. . Second girl didn't even permit for this and we always had fight regarding this. I couldn't leave the first girl at any cause as she is mother of my child. . Now the second girl with whom I got married under special marriage act has filled a compliant against me under bigamy and cheating. She said in the compliant that she was unaware of the relationship with the first girl and she came to know about it recently. . Now there is a FIR against me in the police station. I never legally married the first. But the second girl has got the birth certificate of my child where it mentions myself as father and first girl as mother. . Please provide legal opinion that what will happen to me now? I am an Indian.
    At present I lost my job since there is a FIR in my name, I was working in a private company and they suspended me becacuse of FIR..
    Second girl is demanding 15 lakhs money from me or she will sue me in the court. Please advice me.

Birth Certificate will make the first girl as my legal wife? Is it punishable having affair with first girl(It is not adultery as she is unmarried)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 04:56 AM
    Obviously this is not the US, where no this is not bigamy in the US.

Your best bet is to consult an attorney and stop the 2nd women from blackmail you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2012, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tamilsitan View Post
    Live in relationship and having a child will come under bigamy act? I had a live in relationship with a girl and we had intention to marry after sometime. In between, I met a girl in office who fell in love with me and I was kind of attracted to her. At one point of time, I told the second girl that I already have s*xual contacts with another women(I never had any s*xual contact with the second girl). The second girl said that she can't live without me and demanded to marry her. I told this to the first girl and we three had a long discussions regarding that and finally we planned that I should marry the second girl so that my job will not be lost and continue to have live in relationship with first girl and we three should live in a same house. . Once the register marriage is over, she started acting against our agreement and she threatened me that I should not have any contact with the first girl. I had to leave the first girl because of the threaten by second girl as she said she will file police case against me. . After 6 months of marrying second girl, I once called first girl and understood that she is 7 months pregnant and she is carrying my child. Then I had to fight with the second girl and somehow managed to stay with the first girl during her delivery with the consent of second girl. . Then I rented a house for the first girl during delivery and I got introduced to the neighbors as her husband and I was only providing maintenance to the first girl. Visiting weekly once for some hours to spend time with child and providing meager money for expenses. . Second girl didn't even permit for this and we always had fight regarding this. I couldn't leave the first girl at any cause as she is mother of my child. . Now the second girl with whom I got married under special marriage act has filled a compliant against me under bigamy and cheating. She said in the compliant that she was unaware of the relationship with the first girl and she came to know about it recently. . Now there is a FIR against me in the police station. I never legally married the first. But the second girl has got the birth certificate of my child where it mentions myself as father and first girl as mother. . Please provide legal opinion that what will happen to me now? I am an Indian.
    At present I lost my job since there is a FIR in my name, I was working in a private company and they suspended me becacuse of FIR..
    Second girl is demanding 15 lakhs money from me or she will sue me in the court. Please advice me.

Birth Certificate will make the first girl as my legal wife? Is it punishable having affair with first girl(It is not adultery as she is unmarried)

My opinion - and I will admit I didn't read through this very long post - is that you are getting what you deserve.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 07:32 AM

I understand you are in India, but there are a few steps you need to take immediately.

You need a lawyer. From what I read on one site (LAW AND SOCIETY: Bigamy Laws in India - Frequently Asked Questions), while you may not be committing bigamy by Indian Laws, the accuser doesn't have to have proof to file the complaint. It is up to the court to decide if the charges are true. So, you need someone versed in the marriage laws of your country to defend you or get the matter settled.

You need to establish that you are in fact the father of the first woman's child through a DNA test.

You need to examine how you got into this mess in the first place. You tried to have your cake and eat it too and it didn't work. You lived with a woman who you were having sex with and planned to marry. Why hadn't you married her? Instead, you play games with a woman from work and for some reason marry her because she fell in love with you and demanded you marry her. You, your lover and her make an arrangement 'so that you can keep your job'? Did you really believe that your wife who loves you enough to supposedly blackmail you into marrying her would let you have a live-in lover?

By the way, it became adultry if you have had sexual relations (you may want to check and see if India has a broader definition) with your lover after you married your wife.

The only innocent party in this seems to be the child and possibly the mother. You and your wife are coming very close to deserving each other.

Perhaps the lawyer can help you divorce the woman you shouldn't have married in the first place. It already seems to be in the court system so I don't know what else your wife can blackmail you with. Your job is on hold and possibly gone which is the reason you married her in the first place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did he commit bigamy ? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I divorced in June 2011. I have found out with proof that he married in Thailand in may 2011. In my eyes he committed bigamy is there anything I can do about it.

Filing false 498 (A) and withdrawal by conditions [ 1 Answers ]

Subject: False case of 498(a), 506 IPC and 3&4 D.P.Act and on community agreement my wife will withdraw the case on conditions. Dear Sir, The following contents are presented in just truth to you for your valuable guidance at the earliest as the case in as brief as possible I am (Aged 30 years)...

Bigamy [ 1 Answers ]

Howcan i do if my wife have an another spouse in qatar while we having relationship here in philippines and we have one doughter?:mad:

View more questions Search