Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SiameseAngel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Belly Button Piercing
    Okay. I want to get my belly button pierced. My mom says I can get it done if I pay for it.
    But it costs 40 bucks and I rather not pay. My friend pierces almost every part of her body. She says the belly button is easy. I'm 14 right now and I have my ear peiced 6 times. I think I am going to pierce my belly myself. Does anyone know how to and things I should be aware of?
    Please and thank you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 05:40 PM
    If you do a little reading around here regarding body piercings and in particular bell buttons, maybe you will think twice about it.
    shannenkatherine Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Omg are you crazy don't pierce your belly by yourself earn the money & go to a professional!
    FyrePhoenix Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Definitely pay to have it done. One must be careful when getting one of these, they have a high rejection rate even when done under optimal conditions.
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Nov 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Comment on shannenkatherine's post
    If u do it yourself it can result in DEATH!!
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Nov 26, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Personaly I think ''getting your belly done'' is sick, I have had my ear ''done'' and that's it anywhere below the brest area... is sick in my mind
    skumarvelu Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Nov 28, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Oh ! God, Please at least leave that part of the body without hanging anything on it.

Riduculous...
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 02:58 PM
    What is ridiculous about a belly button piercing? Some believe it is one of the classier and more exotic piercings. Its not like she is asking for a nipple ring or anything; I don't get what is ridiculous.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 28, 2007, 04:47 PM
    I have a belly button piercing done years and years ago. I have a diamond in it which is really quite amazing. I insisted on l8K gold to finish it off and never had a problem with infections cause I kept it clean and was told how to do it. Maybe nowadays, technicians aren't so careful, don't educate the recipient and don't use gold because most people balk at the price of using gold and go for silver, which is not quite good enough.

I warn people from it because I don't think standards are quite high enough now to encompass proper hygiene when caring for a piercing.
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    I warn people from it because I dont think standards are quite high enough now to encompass proper hygeine when caring for a piercing.
    Oh I agree. When I got my industrial piercing, I paid for it and my piercer sent me on my merry way, not telling me how to take care of it. I thought that was a bunch of crap, so that's when I started studying and going to seminars so I know these things for myself, and hopefully someday someone will hire me on as an apprentice.

Its not just the piercers though, I have found that nowadays people are lazy and get piercings with no intention of taking care of them. They just want it because its "cool". I think the piercers and the piercees should start being more responsible and aware of what they are doing.
    skumarvelu Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Apr 15, 2008, 03:03 PM
    nauticalstar420 Hi u got your belly button pierced, what about and p l piercing??
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skumarvelu
    nauticalstar420 Hi u got ur belly button pierced, wat abt n p l piercing ??????
    I don't have my navel pierced, but I've had my nipples (I assume that's what you were trying to say) pierced in the past -- why?
    nunez204 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 08:36 AM
    I just got my belly botton pierced like 2 weeks ago from today and I've been washing with the dial soap but I notice the piercing is getting red around the whole but I don't have any swelling or puss coming out of it. Dose this mean I am getting an infection? If so am I going to have a scar and how can I treat before it gets worse.
    RORO321 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Wait did you do it
    aliciadoe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 10:29 AM
    go for it girl ;)
    if its what yuo realy want get it pierced.
    if you dont want to pay. do it yourself but be VERY VERY carefull.
    i done it once and while i had the needle in it wudnt come out and it ****ed up and eventually it ripped and i got ripped hole now :( so please consider and be carefull. who agrees?x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing [ 8 Answers ]

How can I pierce my belly button myself? How can I set the needle? :confused:

Piercing the belly button [ 20 Answers ]

HEY ALL Well i am new here and i wanted to know can i peirce my belly button myself?? If so how?? And is it kinda like peircing the ears Thank you very much

Belly Button Piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I Was Wondering... Can U Pierce An Outty?

Belly Button Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm only 13 and I want my belly button pierced and I'm wondering if I should get it done now or wait a few years? Is it good to get it done in a specific time of year or does it not matter I really am looking for some answers please help!! :cool:

Belly Button Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a belly button piercing for about 5 months now and it is taking a very long time to heel. I was told to use Mecca to help it heel but it has been discontinued, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

View more questions Search