Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darnstuff Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 06:51 PM
    I ate lobster bisque and found out it has alcohol, will I fail the EtG urine test ?
    I have an EtG urine test tomorrow and I ate lobster bisque tonight. I didn't know it had sherry in it and now Im freaking out. I know this test picks up on alcohol in the past 80 hours not how much it was. So with wine being in this soup would it fail the urin test?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2012, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darnstuff View Post
    I have an etg urine test tomorrow and I ate lobster bisque tonight. I didnt know it had sherry in it and now Im freaking out. I know this test picks up on alchol in the past 80 hours not how much it was. So with wine being in this soup would it fail the urin test?
    Very, very unlikely. First the test does not detect alcohol for 80 hours! EtG is created in proportion to alcohol consumed. Second, most of alcohol used in cooking is burned off (not all however). However, the combination of the above, a small amount of alcohol ingested is usually eliminated in under 12 hours. In all likelihood the amount of alcohol consumed would never rise to the level of detection but if it did would eliminate as noted.

The primary problem, chance for detection, occurs at a period of 2-5 hours following ingestion when the EtG peaks.

Sep 11, 2012, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Very, very unlikely. First the test does not detect alcohol for 80 hours! EtG is created in proportion to alcohol consumed. Second, most of alcohol used in cooking is burned off (not all however). However, the combination of the above, a small amount of alcohol ingested is usually eliminated in under 12 hours. In all likelihood the amount of alcohol consumed would never rise to the level of detection but if it did would eliminate as noted.

The primary problem, chance for detection, occurs at a period of 2-5 hours following ingestion when the EtG peaks.
    Oh, OK. Thank you. I don't want to fail because I ate soup!
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Oh, ok. Thank you. I dont want to fail because I ate soup!
    Please keep in mind while subjected to this test that such erroneous results are possible but usually a matter of timing... that is peak EtG levels... that occur 2-5 hours following exposure. Allow yourself 18 to 24 hours (to be safe) and you can eat pretty much anything you want.

Stay well hydrated in the 24 hours prior to test. Nothing extravagant just recommended amount of daily water intake ensuring that you urine is not abnormally concentrate.

The foregoing is based primarily on Musshoff (below) but finds support from several other studies. Just be careful in proximity of the test.

Ref.

Musshoff, et al (2010) Ethyl glucuronide and ethyl sulfate in urine after consumption of various beverages and foods—misleading results? International Journal of Legal Medicine, Volume 124, Number 6, 623-630,

Sep 11, 2012, 09:53 PM
    Thank you. I ate it at 6 pm Tues and have the test at 2 pm Wed. I have been drinkign water, eating Turmeric and curcmumin in the water and worked out. So not quite 24 hours

Sep 11, 2012, 09:57 PM
    Thank you. I ate it at 6 pm Tues and have the test at 2 pm Wed. I have been drinkign water, eating Turmeric and curcmumin in the water and worked out. So not quite 24 hours
    I ate the soup at 6 pm Tues and have the urin test at 2 pm on Wed. so not 24 hours. I been drinking water with turmeric and cumin in it and worked out.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2012, 10:15 PM
    I ate the soup at 6 pm Tues and have the urin test at 2 pm on Wed. so not 24 hours. I been drinking water with turmeric and cumin in it and worked out.
    Can't tell you what the result of tumeric or cumin might be but any liquid reduces the detection level of the test.

Sep 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
    Can't tell you what the result of tumeric or cumin might be but any liquid reduces the detection level of the test.
    Well I read that both clean the liver from toxins as well as the blood. I haven't found anything about it cleaing urin for test but I figured it couldn't hurt. Taste aweful but Il see. I wouldn't think there was too much wine in the soup but not sure either.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
    Well I read that both clean the liver from toxins as well as the blood. I havent found anything about it cleaing urin for test but I figured it couldnt hurt. Taste aweful but Il see. I wouldnt think there was too much wine in the soup but not sure either.

Hard to disagree with you logic. Sure you'll be fine.

Sep 11, 2012, 10:27 PM
    Hard to disagree with you logic. Sure you'll be fine.
    It makes me have to pee every 5 minutes its nuts but its worth a try. I also thought about straight cranberry before the test or would that give a false result?
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2012, 10:34 PM
    It makes me have to pee every 5 minutes its nuts but its worth a try. I also thought about straight cranberry before the test or would that give a false result?
    Back reference to your original question. You are not going to test positive for EtG as a result of the food consumed!

Oct 21, 2012, 01:05 AM
    Wellll alll that turmeric made me have hives sooo so much for that
    !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Will 4 grams of alcohol sugar fail alcohol urine test [ 2 Answers ]

I drank a energy and I noticed afterwards that it had a content of 4 grams of alcohol sugar.. will it be detected in my urine test this morning..

EtG alcohol urine test [ 0 Answers ]

So I get tested with a urine EtG test for alcohol (that I heard tests for up to 96 hours) On Monday at 6pm... say I drink that night and then on Tuesday but not the rest of the week... will I pass my next one on the following Monday? Online it is very confusing. Do I count just the hours? Or are...

I used cooking wine will I fail EtG urine test the next day? [ 1 Answers ]

I went to mongolian bbq and used cooking wine in my food The next day I took a EtG urine test the next day will I fail it.

View more questions Search