Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjlamb0216 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 01:20 PM
    I need to file a motion on my own in nc
    I need to file a motion in court to have information released from a closed case. The Sheriff will not allow me to see the information and says that a judge is the only one that can release it to me. I have been told as long as it is a closed case, which it is, there would be no reason for not giving the info. To me. I do not have any more more to pay out to attorneys and I would like to know if this is something I can handle on my own. Thank you.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 11, 2012, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rjlamb0216 View Post
    I need to file a motion in court to have information released from a closed case. The Sheriff will not allow me to see the information and says that a judge is the only one that can release it to me. I have been told as long as it is a closed case, which it is, there would be no reason for not giving the info. to me. I do not have any more more to pay out to attorneys and I would like to know if this is something I can handle on my own. Thank you.
    It is unclear what sort of information you want. Do you want information contained in the court's case file, or is it information which the sheriff's department has concerning it's investigation of a criminal case?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File motion to discovery. [ 5 Answers ]

I read all these posts about filing to intent to defend the summons. Then file motion to discovery... Where do I file the discovery? Is there a form I turn in to the court... or something else? :confused: :confused:

How to file motion? [ 14 Answers ]

Can anyone locate rule how to file a motion in GA magistrate court?

How do I file a motion to dismiss in NC? [ 3 Answers ]

To summarize, I was served a summons in August of 2009 by Mann Bracken for a case involving Arrow Financial. Arrow Financial is claiming I entered into an agreement with them to pay back money owed on an account they bought. I never entered into any type of agreement with them, nor have I ever...

Do I need to file a Motion? [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, I have been listed as a defendant in a lawsuit. There are several others listed as defendants as well. I have answered the Summons and responded to all Filings of the Plaintiff and sent copies to the Court as well. My answer provided more than enough discovery that I should not be a party to...

View more questions Search