Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eri2012 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Can I apply at walmart if I have shoplifted there before?
    Hey you guys, so I'm seventeen and I'm a recent high school graduate. I've been having a tough time finding a job, especially with college in the way and what not. Im in grave need for employment and yeah but enough about that. Recently near the area I live in they have opened a new Walmart and they are hiring. The thing is I'm a little scared you can say to go apply because my friend and I shoplifted at another walmart and we got caught. I was charged with a $250 fine, I cooperated with security, they called my parents and we paid the fee on time. Its not my proudest moment, I really regret it, but it is what it is.
    So my overall question is Do you think if I apply at the new Neighborhood Walmart will I have record of some sort? I just don't want to embarrass myself any further and I hate rejection. Also when I got caught shoplifting the security didn't really tell me much, he just asked for my ID, called my parents and told me walmart is going to send a letter with the fee, he never told me that I wasn't allowed back at walmart or anything, but just in case I haven't really bothered going.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2012, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eri2012 View Post
    Hey you guys, so im seventeen and im a recent high school graduate. I've been having a tough time finding a job, especially with college in the way and what not. Im in grave need for employment and yeah but enough about that. Recently near the area I live in they have opened a new Walmart and they are hiring. The thing is im a little scared you can say to go apply because my friend and I shoplifted at another walmart and we got caught. I was charged with a $250 fine, I cooperated with security, they called my parents and we payed the fee on time. Its not my proudest moment, I really regret it, but it is what it is.
    So my overall question is Do you think if I apply at the new Neighborhood Walmart will I have record of some sort? I just dont want to embarrass myself any further and I hate rejection. Also when I got caught shoplifting the security didn't really tell me much, he just asked for my ID, called my parents and told me walmart is gonna send a letter with the fee, he never told me that I wasn't allowed back at walmart or anything, but just in case I haven't really bothered going.

You were told not to go back into Walmart. Why would you?

Yes, they run names.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2012, 12:03 PM
    You can try, but odds are they will reject your application because they do keep such records.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You can try, but odds are they will reject your application because they do keep such records.

At one time one of the terms of paying restitution and being banned was being arrested for trespassing if the person is apprehended in Walmart. Might be interesting if OP applies, Walmart runs and recognizes the name and isn't very forgiving.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2012, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    At one time one of the terms of paying restitution and being banned was being arrested for trespassing if the person is apprehended in Walmart. Might be interesting if OP applies, Walmart runs and recognizes the name and isn't very forgiving.
    And a very good point to make... it could get very ugly.

Sep 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You were told not to go back into Walmart. Why would you?

Yes, they run names.
    He didn't tell me if I could go back or not, that's what I was trying to say.
    But anyway thank you for your help I much appreciate it!

Sep 11, 2012, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    And a very good point to make...it could get very ugly.
    Well then, thank you very much, you guys helped out a lot.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eri2012 View Post
    He didn't tell me if I could go back or not, thats what I was trying to say.
    But anyways thank you for your help I much appreciate it!

Maybe you don't remember, maybe you didn't hear him but, trust me - he told you to stay out of Walmart.
    panther196 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Walmart will not hire you & the same goes for people who have quit walmart. Walmart is very unforgiving & do not believe in giving 2nd chances.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2012, 08:24 PM
    You know, I am always the positive, I would actually call and ask to see the store manager, tell them the story, tell them you made a childish mistake and are trying to turn your life around. The worst that can happen is nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifted at walmart [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I shoplifted at walmart(I know I'm dumb) I took around $4 but it came up to be $50, and I got caught they brought me into a room, and they would ask me questions like my personal information and things, I was only 13 and they did call the police, but did not fine me and they said it was a...

Shoplifted.need assistance [ 3 Answers ]

I shoplifted over 3 years ago, the item was $20, I got caught by store security filled out some papers and they told me not to come back for a year. After that I got a call from an officer talked about the situation and that was it. After that I got a letter from a lawyer of the company I stole the...

I shoplifted and I need to know what's Going to happen [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I am 16 years old and I stole jeans worth 80 dollars today. I live in Ontario Canada. I've been assigned a figerprint date and a court date. I have a few questions about this and I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out. 1. What could happen if I go to court and I have no lawyer...

14 yo daughter shoplifted [ 1 Answers ]

My 14 yo daughter shoplifted for the 1st time a Mother's Day necklace that I subsequently paid $20 for. The store sent me a letter wanting $150 for the crime. I didn't pay it & I got $450 bill from a lawyer.She has a court date in 3 days. What must I do? Be nice.

I shoplifted. [ 1 Answers ]

.. I shoplifted in jcpenny I'm a 1st timer with no record got fined to pay civil penalty and have court.I lifted 242.00$worth do you know what can be my penalties?.

View more questions Search