Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miacino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Concurrent Jobs
    I work as an hourly employee. I have several side jobs within the same company that I do on my own time - separate from my hourly job.
    To avoid OT and confusion, I received an EIN# and business name. My company is saying these 2 are not separate and they cannot pay me under the EIN# because I am an employee. Aren't the 2 completely separate?
    calvin Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Mar 8, 2007, 02:35 PM
    I assume then if they can't pay you under the EIN# that they are instead going to pay you OT for each hour of your time over your current contract of employment , if not it sounds like you've been screwed by your firm mate threaten to sue the ers for exploitation if you COE states you will be paid for each hour you work and not a salary for your job because even if your secondary job is not in your primary job description you ll have a hard job proving that is the case
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 04:20 PM
    If you are an employee, and work for the same company then you are one employee and any work is still work for that same company, they can't pay you separate pay checks and accounts, ( I am sure this is illegal on many fronts)

You could work other jobs as a contract labor or a 1099 worker if these jobs would meet those rules,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pricing jobs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am currently thinking about starting my own office cleaning business. But I don't know how to go about pricing jobs. Has anyone got any experience or advice in that field. I would appreciate any help if you can thank you.

Applying for Jobs [ 12 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Well I'm applying for summer jobs at a bunch of fast-food restaurants that are highering. I just wanted to know how long does it normally take for them to call you back? Thanks!

Jobs [ 3 Answers ]

I was on a job for 4 years in October I had problems breathing and the doctor gave me 5 days off with an excuse the job would not except the excuse and counted it towards my attendance I was fired in February and two months later they found the cause a tumor in my head it was removed in July. My...

View more questions Search