Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Itchy gross Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 12:07 AM
    Itchy feel swollen feet red dots all over legs
    What is this? Should I be concerned my feet are swelling it hurts when I walk. I noticed it before a fitness class and there it got much worse.
    Attached Images

oldfool62live12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 12:54 AM
    Usually swollen feet are a sign of blood pressure problems. Try and sleep with your feet elevated and SEE your doctor

Sep 11, 2012, 12:58 AM
    Makes sense but why all the red dots? The swollen feeling has spread to my right hand now.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 11, 2012, 01:01 AM
    Could be anything from poison ivy to an allergic reaction to something rare and vascular (but which probably wouldn't itch). Take some Benadryl, put some cortisone cream or spray on the rash, and call a doctor. Your hand might have caught poison ivy from your leg.
    oldfool62live12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 01:11 AM
    The swollening and spots can also be an allergic reaction to something you've eaten or touched. The swollen feet can also be caused by the body retaining too much water, a diauretic usually helps. Above all if it doesen't stop or clear up soon go see your doctor.

Sep 11, 2012, 03:19 AM
    Thank you for the responses. I hobbled into a store at 3AM to get Bendryll and have taken it to see if I feel better. The swelling in my feet obviously got worse. I have a few more hours until I can go to the doctor I am hoping the Benedryll will help if it doesn't I hope I can still use my feet enough to drive to the doctor.

Sep 11, 2012, 08:37 PM
    I went to the ER today they have determined it is most likely henoch-schonlein purpora.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 12, 2012, 12:04 AM
    (purpura)
    Thanks for coming back to tell us. Although most cases resolve without treatment (some doctors will give steroids, some won't), I hope they told you to be followed by your regular doctor.

Sep 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
    Yes they gave me a prescription for steroids and I have to go back every two weeks for a month and a half to do a blood test to ensure that my kidneys are okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy bumps on skin, hands, stomach, feet, and legs. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question my friend and I have itchy bumps on are skin and it hasn't gone away after three to four weeks. What do you think it is?

Red dots very itchy [ 0 Answers ]

Can you tell me what it could be I can't stop itching on my stomachs and behind my knees, little red dots, can come and go ?

I have white red itchy bumps on my legs mainly.. They are all over my legs.. And lips [ 3 Answers ]

I have bumps all over my legs. They are itchy.. They are also in patches.. It started on my arm and it looked infected but it went away but now they are all over my legs... I also started getting redness under both my eyes.. My lips have bumps too.. My lips are not itchy though. My eyes are itchy...

Itchy red dots [ 1 Answers ]

Hey... I need help I am in summer holiday and decided to start going to the gym and the pool for some serious overdue tanning. After 2 days I found tiny small red dots on my upper arms and they started itching like crazy, I guessed it'll go away, after another day of the same routine I...

View more questions Search