Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kawaiiakurei06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Accretion disk
    Ok I have a few questions from an exam I took in my astronomy class that I was very unsure about. Thanks for you help!

- How do the dynamics of dust in the accretion disk differ to that of the gas?
    =is it because the gas atoms do not collide with sold dust grains?

-What shapes the outflow from accretion disks into bipolar jets?
    = is it because of the magnetic field

- Chemical creating organic tar-like compounds that are unusual in normal environments on the Earth can occur in...
    = is it the bipolar outflows from a nebula accretion disk
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2007, 12:45 AM
    I believe the first one has something to do with pressure in the gas.

The second one IS because of either magnetic field, ior the influence of a binary orbiter. (but magnetic field is the most common explanation).

I'm not sure at all about your third one. I think outflows are mainly molecular gas, and not really tar like. But I can't think where it may be created.

Hope this helped a bit :)
    kawaiiakurei06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I believe the first one has something to do with pressure in the gas.

the second one IS because of either magnetic field, ior the influence of a binary orbiter. (but magnetic field is the most common explanation).

I'm not sure at all about your third one. I think outflows are mainly molecular gas, and not really tar like. But I can't think where it may be created.

Hope this helped a bit :)
    Thank you so much. It at least gives me more clarification then I had before! :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80GB disk [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 80GB HD, but only show me 2GB. Why? How I fixed?

Hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

BIOS detects the hard disk and but in hard disk configuration I did not see the cylindar and Track and Sector are there. Will send me the suggestion to repair my hard disk. Deep

Local Disk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I really thought that way. But when I check the contents of the remaining local disk it is still the same. I mean before I formatted the contents of d:\ drive is 18.6 GB and the C:\ drive is 7.8 MB after formatting, I really don't know where did the 7.8 MB contents of C:\ drive goes,...

Need Disk Space - where has it all gone? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm running out of disk space on my C: drive and I need to know what I can delete. I have cleaned up all the temporary files from the internet. I've also move most of my programs to other drives on my PC. I can't figure out where all the disk space has gone. I've already installed another...

View more questions Search