Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    czqiu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Can F1 sell goods on eBay?
    Hi All,

I have a simple question. I bought a headphone a while ago and I want to sell it on eBay. Is that legal?

I am on a F1 Status, which limits me to just 20 hours/week (full time during summer holiday). Is it all right if I sell some stuff on eBay? It not a business, I am just selling some used stuff and after that, I wouldn't have to sell any more. Its not a business. In anther case, is that okay if I help someone in another country to sell stuff on eBay? They ship item directly from that country to whoever want to buy.

Also, Is it all right to put Ads by Google Adsense to make money? Technically, I am not working on my website anymore, I just put the ads there and it makes money. I don't mind paying tax and stuff. But I don't want to get deported and stuff like that. Is is legal to make money off Google ads to pay off some of the bandwidth.

Please Advise
    Thanks
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2007, 01:32 PM
    For some immigration statuses (student visa, visitor, work permit) you are not allowed to sell anything you brought into the country with you, but then again... how would they ever find out? So its really up to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ebay [ 5 Answers ]

I buy a lot of little things I find on Ebay and it got me wondering. Don't these sellers have to pay taxes on these sales? While I buy just a few items, I noticed that at times they are from the same seller, and they have hundreds of item listed. Thank you.

Does anyone sell on eBay who I could pay to list for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to sell a face cream on eBay. I'd pay for the paypal fee and eBay fees, plus give you a small commission for just listing it for me. If interested, please send me a private message. Thank you!

EBay [ 10 Answers ]

Let's say I just won my first bid on eBay. What is proper etiquette, normally? Should I pay immediately, or should I wait a few days until I get the product and then pay?

View more questions Search