Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Savannahdia250 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 08:52 AM
    Recourse on a boat dealer that broke my boat
    I brought my boat to a registered colbalt dealer in the beginning of April. They looked at boat and said it was minimal fixing (just a few hoses) and quoted me a price. In May when it was supposed to be done I got no answer. Waited two more weeks (missed having our boat on Memorial weekend) and went to dealer. They completely let my hatch over the motor flip completely off and crack onto pavement. They obviously were not going to tell us. They just sent it out to be fixed. I ASKED I them because I did not want them adding the price to have them fix our cracked hatch if we were still at the price quoted. He assured me that we were.
    When we went to pick up boat a hose was missing and two of my seats cushions that sit on the hatch were torn. THEY said when the people that fixed the hatch brought it over they did not ship it correctly and it was torn. YUP... perfect seats torn. THE absolute worse part of it was they DOUBLED the price originally quoted. NO ONE CALLED.. they just doubled out bill. Would you not call someone if the original quote was going up and letting patron decide if we wanted them to do more? Did they think we had an OPEN CHECK BOOK?
    So we have a NON factory fixed hatch, Ripped cushions and a double bill. WHAT do you think we should do?
    We have paid them what was originally quoted and they said in November they would fix seats and give us a detail job. THEY will not come back to price as originally quoted and we are not compensated for loss of use and the fact our boat is not how we left it with them. NOT TO MENTION we just got a complete survey when purchased in April and the boat was in outstanding condition.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2012, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Savannahdia250 View Post
    I brought my boat to a registered colbalt dealer in the beginning of April. They looked at boat and said it was minimal fixing (just a few hoses) and quoted me a price. In May when it was supposed to be done I got no answer. Waited two more weeks and went to dealer. They completely let my hatch over the motor flip off and crack. They obviously were not going to tell us. I then asked because I did not want them adding the price to have them fix our cracked hatch if we were still at the price quoted. He assured me that we were.
    When we went to pick up boat a hose was missing and two of my seats cushions that sit on the hatch were torn. THE absolute worse part of it was they DOUBLED the price orignially quoted. So we have a NON factory fixed hatch, Ripped cusuions and a double bill. WHAT do you think we should do?
    We have paid them what was originally quoted and they said in November they would fix seats and give us a detail job. THEY will not come back to price as originally quoted and we are not compensted for loss of use and the fact our boat is not haow we left it with them. NOT TO MENTION we just got a complete survey when pucrchased in April.

Sue them - I see no other recourse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Love boat [ 499 Answers ]

For all you flirts out there that just can't help yourself. It seems that AMHD needs a dating site, a place for all the singles to get together. Why this is being left up to me I have no idea, but I'm playing cupid nonetheless. ;) So, singles or people that just want to flirt, come on in....

How Can I travel by boat? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm very afraid of plains and I want to take a vaation to Puerto Rico from New York but I want to be able to arrive at P.R and stay for a week or two and then return by ship to N.Y but I don't seem to find any cruise lines that do it that way. Can anybody help me with this?

Pontoon boat [ 2 Answers ]

We have a pontoon boat and we had it out a few days ago with no problemd but the next day it hesitated to start and then died. We thought it was the battery but the next day the motor went up with no problems so we decided to go for a ride when we put the key in the same thing happened nothing like...

Blonde in a Boat [ 5 Answers ]

There was a blonde driving down the road one day. She glanced to her right and noticed another blonde sitting in a nearby field, rowing a boat with no water in sight. The blonde angrily pulled her car over and yelled at the rowing blonde, “What do you think you're doing? It's things like this...

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

View more questions Search