Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alisengoba27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 03:09 PM
    How do you recover music from a faulty external hard drive
    My external hard drive doesn't read on dthe desk top but shows power is on what could be the faulty.have I lost all my music
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2012, 03:57 PM
    The drive likely failed... just like when one fails inside your computer. External drives run hotter and are subject to being banged around.

I'd crack it open, see if by chance you might be able to see it as a second internal drive in your computer... odds are its not going to but it's a last ditch way without spending bigtime money on a data recovery which will cost way more than that music was worth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I recover data on a faulty hard drive? [ 1 Answers ]

Almost two years ago I had a hard drive fail on me. I was using my laptop before work one morning and when I came home 8 hours later my laptop wouldn't start up. It would attempt to load but the screen would stay black. I was livid. I hadn't backed anything up (Please don't lecture me on backing up...

I've moved the contents of my C: drive to my external hard drive. No OS found. [ 1 Answers ]

I was having some problems with my cpu usage so a friend told me to empty out my c: drive onto an external hdd. I did and it worked. But an hour later it shut down and when I tried to start it up it said no OS found. Is there any way to get it working again? I don't have a windows 7 CD to...

Storing Music on External Hard Drive [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, How do I store music on external hard drive from my computer? Thank You. Dinnymurf.

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Saving limewire music files to external hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... I know there has to be a way to do this. I have over 5,000 songs on Limewire, which is slowing down the computer considerably, and I need a way to save them to my computer permanently. I have no idea how to do this. I have tried several ways to save the music but as soon as I delete it...

View more questions Search