Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdetar4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 08:01 AM
    Alcohol in mouthwash
    What brands of mouthwash contain alcohol and in what percentages ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2012, 08:06 AM
    All of them unless they specifically say they don't on the label. If you want to know how much for each brand you have to do your own homework there... as they vary.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rdetar4 View Post
    What brands of mouthwash contain alcohol and in what percentages ?
    Following is a link to Household Products Database operated by National Institutes of Health (NIH). You can search mouthwash and the ingredients of each will be listed including ethanol content. This will get you to appropriate section:

HPD - mouthwash

In addition you can check the label of any mouthwash you are purchasing as any product containing in excess of 0.5% alcohol must be specifically listed on the label (US-FDA).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of mouthwash is best for a tongue piercing? [ 8 Answers ]

I had mine done like 6 days ago. And Someone told me not to use mouthwash that has alcohol in it, because it gets infected, but the perfessional that did my tonuge told me to use mouthwash with alcohol. So do I use the nonacohol mouthwash or keep using the alcohol mouthwash. And I also have white...

Mouthwash? [ 2 Answers ]

So, I bought mouthwash from superdrug which was there own brand.. and it hurts so so bad when I use it I can't even keep it in my mouth! Anyone know any good mouthwashes to keep plaque and tartar out the way?

Flies N Mouthwash [ 3 Answers ]

I heard that mouthwash will kill flies.Does anyone know if this is true? I also read to use listerine. So is it regular or mint?Someone PLEASE HELP!! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Mouthwash swallowed and pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I am 30 weeks pregnant and I accidentally swallowed some mouthwash, will it affect me or my unborn child.

Mouthwash and pregnancy? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm am almost 10 weeks pregnant and my mom told me that I can't use mouthwash because it haves alcohol in it is it safe to use crestohealth which is alcahol free?

View more questions Search