Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebonyq9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 06:32 AM
    Can an heir sale their interest/shares to another heir of the same property?
    What are the TN laws regarding an heir of joint heir property to sale their interest/shares to another heir of the same property?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 9, 2012, 07:34 AM
    Is this before the testator has deceased? I'm not sure about specific TN law, but generally anyone can sell their ownership in a future asset.

The purchaser may take the risk that the inheritance will not be changed or may put into the contract that if the inheritance doesn't materialize, that they will be reimbursed.

But I don't see a problem with entering into a contract to sell their share.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heir property in Louisiana [ 1 Answers ]

My father died in 1964, with a will; leaving an undivided one-half to my mother and an undivided one-half to me and my two sisters. She remarried about a year later, and she and her new husband somehow either sold or somehow got rid of the property. I don't know how (maybe you can answer), how...

What should stepmother do to relinquish deceased husband's interest in heir property? [ 4 Answers ]

My father died a year ago in North Carolina. He had a will and left everything to his wife. He shared ownersip of heir property with his siblings. My mother-in-law does not want to continue to pay taxes and would like to transfer her interests in the properties to me and my 3 siblings. Is a...

Conveying inherited property to non-heir [ 1 Answers ]

In October 2008, my two sisters and I inherited property from my father who passed away in June. I would like to give my interest in the property to a non-heir (not my sisters). Is this possible without having to involve the probate court? I'm assuming I would need a warranty deed as opposed to a...

Heir Property [ 2 Answers ]

Please advise how heir property works, as my aunt has pasted and I've been informed that my grandparents on is heir property to each of my grandparents daughters(3) and my last aunt has deceased and I understand the oldest child of each daughter is the heir to this property in Tennessee. Please...

Transfer Ownership of Inherited Property to Another Heir [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died without a will and left her home to us, her 5 daughters. She wanted the home to be sold and the money divided between us, but one sister wants to buy the house herself. What form must we fill out to completely transfer our ownership of the house to the 5th sister? I mean,...

View more questions Search