Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanpowrie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 04:53 AM
    Wood Stain Removal
    I want to remove a darkish (but not deep) woodstain from a kitchen dresser without using miles of sandpaper. It clogs up very quickly and I wondered if there was a cleaning agent that would do the trick?
    FredSj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 10:52 AM
    Stains are as the name implies. A stain. It goes into the wood. Paint is a surface agent. Rule of thumb, you can restain darker NOT lighter. I think your plan in near impossible. Give some thought to reveneer and restain. Call a custom cabinet person. And at that putting on a stain can be an adventure if the cabinet shop doesn't have the right equipment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forgot to get a wood stain of the wood [ 1 Answers ]

I was staining some cabinets and I had an accident,so that prevented me from removing the excess stain with a cloth. That left them with brush marks on them. How do I fix that? I do want my stain to be dark. That's how they turned out, but I do not want it streaky. I haven't done anything...

Removal of wood adhesive from wood subfloor [ 4 Answers ]

How do you remove wood adhesie from a subfloor? I want to install strand bamboo in a master bath. My contracter put 1/4 inch plywood over it but it crunches when you walk on it. Im afraid he tried to provide a smooth surface but didn't get rid of the initial problem-the ADHESIVE. I don't want a...

Wood Stain [ 3 Answers ]

We have left over wood stain from a project last year. Its been in the garage over the winter. Temps got down to 0 degrees here. My question... is the stain still good or should we just buy a new can? Thanks, patti

Wood furniture stain [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I just moved to our new house. The previous owner of the house has a some outdoor furnitures left so we decided to keep them since they still look good. But one round wooden table which they said they bought from an online store has a big stain on it. The stain is bit big and it...

How to stain wood? [ 2 Answers ]

My question is simple, I believe. What is the proper way or technique in staining on wood. I have kitchen cabinets, doors, and trim that I would like to stain. American Cherry stain is what I have, and I am putting it on pine, popular wood. I know I need foam brushes and all that LOL. I think I...

View more questions Search