Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j pray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2012, 03:22 PM
    When we flush the upstairs toilet it causes a large bubble in the downstairs Bathro
    When we flush the upstairs towlet it causes a large bubble in the bathroom downstairs
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 8, 2012, 03:31 PM
    Welcome to AskMeHelpDesk. Let me explain. You have a partial blockage and every time you flush upstairs the discharge hits the blockage and bounces back sending a bubble of sewer gas ahead of it. There's your bubble. The solution would be to pull the bubbly toilet and snake the line from there. Let me know how you make out. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Downstairs toilet overflows when upstairs shower on? [ 5 Answers ]

We have a bi-level home. After my shower today I went downstairs and heard water in the bathroom and realized the toilet overflowed. Never use this bathroom so I new it couldn't have suddenly been the toilet. My husband realized the toilet is overflowing when the shower is on upstairs. What...

Why do I hear a drip in my walls downstairs when I flush the upstairs toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into a 20 yr. old house about 1-1/2 yrs. Ago and I have an issue that is driving me crazy. Every time a toilet is flushed or the shower is running in one bathroom (hot and cold) upstairs I hear a rush of water in my wall on the main floor and in the basement followed by a dripping sound...

What causes of large bubble when toilet flushed [ 2 Answers ]

When I flush my upstairs toilet, which is located directly behind the other toilet (which is an identical toilet & works fine), separated only by wall, a large bubble of air erupts from the drain hole of the toilet and then the toilet proceeds to flush very poorly. I have tried dumping a 5 gallon...

Flush toilet upstairs overflow in toilet downstairs [ 3 Answers ]

We have a toilet in the basement which has never been used in our five years in the home. Yesterday, there was toilet water everywhere. When I flush upstairs, the water in the downstairs toilet rushes up. Is this related to a blocked stack pipe? Just guessing.

Large bubble in toilet when we flush [ 2 Answers ]

We have just recently moved into a 1400 sq ft apartment in Raleigh North Carolina. Both toilets started giving us trouble right away. They would flush paper OK but not poo and both toilets bubbled, something we have never seen before. We called the apartment office and maintenance has been in to...

View more questions Search