Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taggedalbum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2012, 08:12 AM
    I don't think my boyfriend is attracted to me anymore...
    So my boyfriend and I have been together for over a year now. I am 20 going on 21 and he is 23 going on 24. When we got together things were great, he was honestly the perfect guy for me. We both wanted the same things and think the same things. We would have sex quite regularly, a few times a week (3-4ish). But I went on some medications and have gained about 15 ponds since we got together. I feel VERY unattractive in everyone's eyes. But worst of all is we stopped having sex. Right now I have not had sex for just about 2 weeks now and before that 3 weeks. I actually have to BEG for it and bug him for 3 days before he gives in. I have tried sexy clothes, being naked, initiating but nothing works. He is on some medications and blames that but honestly I don't believe him because he was on them when we got together as well.

I have tried to loose the weight but I have fibromyalgia (constant pain) and it makes it VERY difficult to go to the gym. I have gained the weight around the middle but it isn't THAT bad. I have large breasts and nice legs I guess but I worry he can't stand to look at me...

It has gotten to the point where if I touch him or try to initiate or ask he gets upset and mad with me for the rest of the day. On the rare occasions we do have sex he get in and gets out so to speak then gets out of bed and leaves, I will go into the bathroom and actually cry because I just feel used and dejected. Please give me some advice I HATE these feelings...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taggedalbum View Post
    So my boyfriend and I have been together for over a year now. I am 20 going on 21 and he is 23 going on 24. When we got together things were great, he was honestly the perfect guy for me. We both wanted the same things and think the same things. We would have sex quite regularly, a few times a week (3-4ish). But I went on some medications and have gained about 15 ponds since we got together. I feel VERY unattractive in everyone's eyes. But worst of all is we stopped having sex. Right now I have not had sex for just about 2 weeks now and before that 3 weeks. I actually have to BEG for it and bug him for 3 days before he gives in. I have tried sexy clothes, being naked, initiating but nothing works. He is on some medications and blames that but honestly I don't believe him because he was on them when we got together as well.

I have tried to loose the weight but I have fibromyalgia (constant pain) and it makes it VERY difficult to go to the gym. I have gained the weight around the middle but it isn't THAT bad. I have large breasts and nice legs I guess but I worry he can't stand to look at me....

It has gotten to the point where if I touch him or try to initiate or ask he gets upset and mad with me for the rest of the day. On the rare occasions we do have sex he get in and gets out so to speak then gets out of bed and leaves, I will go into the bathroom and actually cry because I just feel used and dejected. Please give me some advice I HATE these feelings...

Have you asked him if something is wrong, why things are "different"? The answers, of course, are stress, physical health, some other factor.

If a 15-pound weight gain, a 15-pound change in your appearance is a turn off for him I'd reconsider the relationship.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 10, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Medications can have that effect and they're also not immediate. Is there anything else going on in your lives? Major and stressful.

I have to agree with Judy that the 15lbs gain probably isn't the real reason or a reason at all. I think that is mainly in your head due to societally enforced insecurities that you have. It could also be a convenient cue for him to try to get things to go sideways so that he'll be the dumpee and not the dumper.

We need a little more information. For example, how is the relationship otherwise? How is he doing with work and home life? Alcohol and drug use? (Be honest, it is important!)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 08:04 AM
    but I have fibromyalgia (constant pain) and it makes it VERY difficult to go to the gym.
    If fibromyalgia makes it difficult to go to the gym has it also affected other aspects of your life? How much has it limited your day to day activities? Does that put stress or strain on the relationship?

Has he tried showing you affection at other times only to be rebuffed because you are in pain? While you may be 'begging' for sex, is he afraid of hurting you or could he be feeling like you only want physical contact from him when it is sexual.

Have you tried backing off and not making sexual advances? Do you ever make any physical contact without the thought (or intention) of it turning into sex? Understand that the pressure to have sex is a libido limiter. Too much pressure and it becomes a libido and relationship killer.

Talk with him. Listen to him. If you are not sure what he means when he says something, ask for clarification. Encourage him to ask you. Work together.

His medications and the condition(s) they are for could be causing part of the issue. He may need to consult with his doctor and pharmacist to make certain they are still working correctly and that he isn't experiencing any interactions with foods, drinks, supplements, or between them.

Work on feeling secure with yourself. If you are feeling insecure and expecting him to make you feel better about yourself, it won't work. How he or anyone else thinks about you should enhance how you feel about yourself. Security and confidence come from inside. Give yourself the mental and emotional support to let them grow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he not attracted to me anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about three years living together for about 2 and a half. We had always had a VERY active and enjoyable sex life. About six months ago he started having problems staying hard during sex. I got a little frustrated at first but we talked about it and he said...

Why doesn't he seem interested or attracted to me anymore? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years. I am living with him in his home with his family. I am 24 years old and he is 36. I take care of his son and his parents and their home. I do everything that I can to make things easy for him. I don't nag him. He goes out at night because of his work...

Not attracted to my Girlfriend anymore. [ 22 Answers ]

All right, thanks for taking the time to read my post and I am aware of the other posts on this particular subject but mine sways a bit differently than the others. I am 21 year old male that has been with my Girlfriend (20) since Senior year of High school 3 years and a couple months. I've had...

Not attracted to my girlfriend anymore [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old male who is a collegiate athlete and never had any kind of mental or physical problems in my life. No trying to boast but I am not an ugly looking guy and my girlfriend who I have been dating for 8 months exclusively and been with for like the last 2 years is pretty much the...

I don't think my boyfriend is attracted to me anymore. [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend is currently living 2000 miles away from me, going to school, so we are in a long distance relationship, every time we are together, we at least have sex a couple times in the week periods we get to meet up. :) I hadn't seen him for 5 months, and I flew out to see him for New Years,...

View more questions Search