Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KimHastings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Unemployment when you quit after one day even when you told your local TWF ?
    I was hired yesterday and was told that I would have insurance, retirement and $10 a hour and start tomorrow. I agreed.

Then today, I showed up at 8 am to do paperwork but no insurance or retirement papers, I asked.. Owner said later... Well, I worked until 7:15 p.m, with no lunch break or breaks... I overlooked that... than at 6 p.m. before he left, I asked about the papers again. I was told there is no insurance or retirement for "US" and then he left. I was stunned? I am schedule to work tomorrow for 2 hours and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m... What should I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 8, 2012, 06:35 AM
    Poor job is better than no job. If you quit, you will not qualify for unemployment.

Next who told you there was benefits ? And in most places if there are benefits they don't start for 90 days or more, seldom have I ever gotten beneift paperwork the first day I started, in fact I have never gotten it the first day, often a month or two latter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I lose unemployment if I worked one day at a job and quit? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm on unemployment in Illinois, vigilantly looking for a job... I had an interview on Friday and they hired me on the spot. Started work on Monday, got ready to go to work on Tuesday and my car is dead, transmission is gone!! Do I lose my unemployment for that one day?

Can I quit and get unemployment if I have been hippa violated by my boss? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been missing work due to a high risk pregnancy.My boss has told the employees and instructed them to tell customers that ask for me that I have been having a lot of medical problems,not showing up and will be fired soon.I am more than embarrassed and hurt by my boss' lack of respect of my...

If I'd quit my job due to my health would I still be eligible for unemployment [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Been Struggling For Months Now With Some Health Issues That Are Interfearing With My Ability To Do My Job And I Work In A Daycare So You Have To Be On Your Toes At All Times And I Just Can't Do It Anymore But I Just Can't Up And Quit Without An Income I Wished I Could But Its Not Possible To...

I my separation notice says I quit but I was fired for T&A can ;I get unemployment [ 1 Answers ]

I commuted 81 miles one way work for 12 years. The traffic worsened a great deal over that time. For the past few years especially. The hospital enacted a new time and attendance policy which was too strict. (one infraction even for being one minute late You could not h ave over 12...

30 Day Notice to move and A 3 Day pay Or Quit [ 14 Answers ]

I submitted a 30 day notice to move on 4-17-2009 to vacate on 5-17-2009. On 5-4-2009 my landlord put a 3 day notice to pay or quit on my door. Is this even legal? And are late fees legal to charge in California?

View more questions Search