Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubby104 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Sep 7, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Hpv
    I have feelings for a girl with HPV.She has No physical signs and is being treated and has been for well over a year maybe 2 or even longer. I have 2 daughters ages 4 and 10. I'm a 32 year old male and she is 30. Can I have relationship with her? What about oral sex as well?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bubby104 View Post
    I have feelings for a girl with HPV.She has No physical signs and is being treated and has been for well over a year maybe 2 or even longer. I have 2 daughters ages 4 and 10. I'm a 32 year old male and she is 30. Can I have relationship with her? What about oral sex as well?

What does her Doctor say? Are you saying you have 2 children with her?

HPV is passed through body fluid. What do you think about oral sex and body fluids?

Physical "signs" don't matter. Lab work does.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 05:13 PM
    You can have a relationship with her, genitally as well as orally, but you do run the risk of contracting HPV.

I'm not sure what having 2 daughters has to do with this though.

Sep 7, 2012, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    What does her Doctor say? Are you saying you have 2 children with her?

HPV is passed through body fluid. What do you think about oral sex and body fluids?

Physical "signs" don't matter. Lab work does.
    My children are not with her and I know how oral sex works. It was just a question.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 05:38 PM
    My children are not with her and I know how oral sex works. It was just a question.
    And you got your answer. If you know about HPV, and how oral sex works, I'm wondering why you asked the question to begin with.
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 05:41 PM

I didn't tell you how oral sex works. You know how it works, and bodily fluids are involved.

So do you think HPV can be transmitted by oral sex?

I don't understand how your children are involved in this.

Sep 7, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You can have a relationship with her, genitally as well as orally, but you do run the risk of contracting HPV.

I'm not sure what having 2 daughters has to do with this though.
    My daughters are not with her as in ours and I read a lot on this and it talks about skin to skin contact. I mean I'm not a dirty person and I'll be safe about cleaning, I'm just curious..
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 05:44 PM
    My daughters are not with her as in ours and I read a lot on this and it talks about skin to skin contact. I mean I'm not a dirty person and I'll be safe about cleaning, I'm just curious..

I'm curious about what you are reading. Here's another source: Information About Human Papillomavirus (HPV). I'm curious where it says skin to skin and doesn't mention body fluids.

Being clean/dirty doesn't matter. It's a VIRUS.

Sep 7, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    And you got your answer. If you know about HPV, and how oral sex works, I'm wondering why you asked the question to begin with.
    I don't know about HPV and the way you answered the question you sound like a smartass.. Thanks but no thanks!
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 05:46 PM
    I don't know about HPV and the way you answered the question you sound like a smartass.. Thanks but no thanks!!

Totally inappropriate - and if the choices are SMART a$$ or DUMB a$$, yes, Alty is one of the former.

And, again, what site says it's body to body contact, not bodily fluids?

Sep 7, 2012, 05:50 PM
    I'm curious about what you are reading. Here's another source: Information About Human Papillomavirus (HPV). I'm curious where it says skin to skin and doesn't mention body fluids.

Being clean/dirty doesn't matter. It's a VIRUS.
    Honestly all I did was look it up and put (HPV and skin to skin contact) but thank you very much for the other source. She's a very sweet girl. I'm about to get out of the Army and we have been talking a lot. I've known her for 16 years.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 05:54 PM
    If you are talking about genital warts, they can indeed spread via skin to skin contact if she is having an outbreak. But why would you want to risk your otherwise healthy genetalia?

Sep 7, 2012, 06:02 PM
    Totally inappropriate - and if the choices are SMART a$$ or DUMB a$$, yes, Alty is one of the former.

And, again, what site says it's body to body contact, not bodily fluids?
    I'm very sorry for that comment. I took it wrong and I apologize. All I did was Google HPV and skin to skin contact. I don't remember the sight. Maybe one of those wikepedia
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 06:03 PM
    I don't know about HPV and the way you answered the question you sound like a smartass.. Thanks but no thanks!!
    Oi! I wasn't being a smarta$$. You got an answer, from a registered nurse no less!

I don't know what it is you're expecting to hear. Do you want the truth, or do you want to be told that it's okay, fine and dandy, no problem, you'll be okay? If you want the truth, you got it. If you want coddling, call your parents or your friends. Geesh! :(

Sep 7, 2012, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    If you are talking about genital warts, they can indeed spread via skin to skin contact if she is having an outbreak. But why would you want to risk your otherwise healthy genetalia?
    That's a damn good question and I couldn't tell you and trust me I care about my gents but she says they (warts) are not there. I asked her what strain and she didn't know. Love does crazy things I guess:/

Sep 7, 2012, 06:11 PM
    [QUOTE=Alty;3262989]Oi! I wasn't being a smarta$$. You got an answer, from a registered nurse no less!

I don't know what it is you're expecting to hear. Do you want the truth, or do you want to be told that it's okay, fine and dandy, no problem, you'll be okay? If you want the truth, you got it. If you want coddling, call your parents or your friends. Geesh! :([/ OK so I'm new at this website and must have sent the wrong person the wrong message for sure. I'm sorry. I've been off the titt for 32 years and no I don't need my hand held. The truth would help miss and I think I get it!!
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 06:12 PM
    That's a damn good question and I couldn't tell ya and trust me I care about my gents but she says they (warts) are not there. I asked her what strain and she didn't know. Love does crazy things I guess:/

No, love makes people lie - or at least causes people to lie. I would go to her Doctor with her and the three of you should have a frank, honest discussion.

Find out the truth as it pertains to HER. Then make your decision.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 06:28 PM
    You could also speak to your/her doctor about dental dams.

I would have post a link for you, but I can't from my phone. You could always look up dental dam. It goes into great detail about it and how it is used "properly".

Good luck.

Sep 7, 2012, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    You could also speak to your/her doctor about dental dams.

I would have post a link for you, but I can't from my phone. You could always look up dental dam. It goes into great detail about it and how it is used "properly".

Good luck.
    Thank you and I've heard about the dental dam. I will check it out. Again I'm sorry for the comment. I'm new to this sight and didn't mean to offend you. You've been very helpful. I'm a mechanic in the Army so the smart a$$ comes naturally. I really am a respectable individual mam.
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 06:53 PM
    Thank you and I've heard about the dental dam. I will check it out. Again I'm sorry for the comment. I'm new to this sight and didn't mean to offend you. You've been very helpful. I'm a mechanic in the Army so the smart a$$ comes naturally. I really am a respectable individual mam.
    No worries. If I got upset about every post that was negative on this site, I wouldn't have the friends I have from this site.

I can move on, no problem at all. So let's forget about the past and move forward. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hpv [ 0 Answers ]

Do hpv genital warts get worse, stay about the same size, or get smaller with each outbreak?

Hpv [ 0 Answers ]

I found what I though could be genital warts. I went to my Dr. he did a pap when I went back he said my pap was negative for hpv but it was A typical cell. He said he thought what I had was some type of moles so he froze them off. But I found more and one looks different then the others it's more...

Hpv [ 1 Answers ]

Hello doctor Am a female. I had one time unprotected sex with person who has warts in his hand and neck and abdomen. It was anal sex and kissing. My question is , is that warts are HPV, and do I get them from him by touching them and one time having sex. Please do reply . Am so warried about it....

I have hpv [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there in the summer I was diganosted with hpv and my recent tests show abnormal cells.. im pretty shure the last time my other doctor told me that the hpv was gone but pre cancerouse tissuse was left behind.. is this posible to have gotten rid of the disease but still havew cancerus cells?

? About HPV [ 1 Answers ]

If someone is diagnosed as having HPV, does that mean that they automatically have genital warts? Or can you be diagnosed with HPV and not have genital warts? I thought that I read somewhere that only 2 strains of HPV actually caused genital warts... :confused:

View more questions Search