Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Creating Music CD
    Okay, I hope someone can help me. As some of you know, I am technologically challenged. I have created music CDs before, but for the life of me don't remember how I did it. I guess all the medical studying fried my techno brain.

Anyhow, here's what is going on.

I have music (obtained legally) I want to put on a CD. I have Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4. Yesterday I bought some Memorex Ultra Speed CD-RWs 24x - 700mb - 80min. When I choose my music, and click on the create CD button, I get a message that I must put a disc in with more space on it.

I am not sure what "write speed" I need to do this.

Also, I have Windows ME for now. I will be upgrading soon to XP, but this is all I currently have.

Can anyone of you give me some EASY instructions as to how to do this?

Thanks
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Mar 8, 2007, 10:20 AM
    As per your post you are asked to put a cd with more space which means the music files you selected to write are bigger than 700mb. Could you please tell what is the file format of your songs? If you are having MP3 then you can get many songs to one 700mb CD but if you are having other audio cd formats then the file size of each song will be bigger and you will not be able to have too many songs in the CD.
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 10:24 AM
    They are all MP3 and I only had 15 songs listed to transfer
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Anyone else? Ben? Scott?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Are you creating an AUDIO CD? Do you have a CD player that is MP3 compatible? If you are using the Roxio software to create an Audio CD, it will convert the MP3s to WAV files. 15 WAvs could exceed the capacity of the CD. But if you don't have a CD player that can play MP3s, then you need to create an Audio CD so you will have to choose fewer tracks.
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 12:06 PM
    I am creating Audio CDs, my new car plays M3s and I wanted to create s relaxing CD to listen to on the way to my tests.

I was using Adeptec, but it seems that something is wrong with it.

I just installed Iomega, although it won't accept CD-RWs, I did have some CD-Rs here. It burned 20 songs.

So, I am wondering what is wrong with the Adaptec, or is Iomega a better choice?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2007, 12:41 PM
    If you are just copying MP3s to play in an MP3 compatible player, then you should be making a DATA CD. The only time to make an Audio CD is you want to play in an CD Player, including ones that don't support MP3s.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 8, 2007, 01:18 PM
    As the error suggests it maybe a simple case of too many tracks.
    Bear in mind that a music CD has a mximum time of 74 minutes, which is about 14, 5 minute tracks (about 4.5Mb each).
    I hpoe this makes sense.
    Also don't bother buying CD-RW's unless you intend to rewrite them.
    A cake box (50-100 discs) of CDR's is extremely cheap, I buy Sony CDR's for about £10 ($20) for a box of 100, that's about 10p (20c) per disc.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 8, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Sounds like your creating an audio cd correctly. You should double-check that the blank CD your using is truly blank. :)

For me, I use Nero to create an audio CD. I need at least 16 MP3's to fill up an 80 min CD, removing the default 2 sec. blank space between tracks, will give you a little extra space too.

If your cd player is MP3 capable, then you can burn a data cd, and copy 700MB worth of MP3s. At about 4 megs. A song, your looking at over 150 songs or more on 1 cd.:)
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Okay guys, well the data cd did not work either. I got one CD burned, but for some reason not all of the songs were there when I put it in the car and the car gave me "BAD CD" error. I listened to the songs on the computer after burning and all were there then, but not in the car.

I am going to go get some CD-Rs and see if that makes a difference.

I put 100mb on a 700mb CD-RW (I didn't know any better when I bought them) and I still got the error message that there was not enough disc space.

So, back to square one.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2007, 05:38 AM
    Just to pipe in for a second. Make sure the "Finalize CD" is checked (that's what it's called in Nero anyway) or else the session stays open and you can't play the CD anywhere but in the Adaptec program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creating a new Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

My name is Ken and I currently have an expansion on my house about 500 sq ft and have been considering closing it off and making it into a separate apartment. My only concerns with this is plumbing, I currently work in HVACR field and am familiar with construction, but don't know if this is...

Creating xp disc [ 3 Answers ]

I have purchased a second hand computer which has xp loaded on it but it did not come with an xp disc. I want to transfer the required files from this computer to make a bootable disc so that I can re-install if it is required later. Thanks

Creating new math [ 3 Answers ]

My question to you all is how can I have the new math I create checked without worry of someone stealing the ideas or finishing ones that aren't finished?

Creating one partition? [ 6 Answers ]

Running MS XP SP2. Onboard hdd is 120GB. It's formatted as follows:- C:\ Primary Partition-NTFS-58.59GB-38% free E:\ Partition-NTFS-53.19GB-39% free (Logical Drive) I would prefer the disk to all be seen as C:\ E:\ currently contains a number of Acronis images of C:\ which are not...

Creating a forum [ 16 Answers ]

HI, I'de like to create a forum for my new site. But but I don't know anything about it. Can someone hepl me? I only know the interface part. Thanks

View more questions Search