Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollyanddave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 10:38 AM
    Crate train my 2 year old chocolate lab
    How can I crate train my 2 1/2 year old chocolate lab. I am trying to put treats in and she gets the ones she can reach without actually going in. The others she is just leaving. Should I just continue this until she gets comfortable to go inside?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 10:55 AM
    I have to ask this, but why do you have to crate train an adult dog? Are acclimating her to be shipped somewhere? Yes, I can see her reaching the ones that accessible only ! Does she have a favourite blanket, something of yours for the scent that she would be comfortable sleeping on? I see this as being difficult as she has already bonded with you and the trust would be there.

She is probably confuse as to why you want her in a crate.

Stay tuned. We have a lot of dog experts here with good input !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Separation anxiety and crate training issues. How can we house train without crate [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We have got what is now a 7 month old black lab mix. Nearly everything I've read about house training involves crate training. Unfortunately, our puppy has some severe anxiety issues (separation anxiety being one of them). We are currently working with a trainer to try to help her with...

How to train my chocolate labrador [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an 8 month old chocolate labrador. He's very difficult to train. He voids and moves his bowels in his crate/and or in the house, and then, he steps all over it. He's extremely hyperactive, clumsy, and he still chews on furniture. I don't know what to do. I work approximately 12 hours...

Why does my one year old lab still poop in his crate? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a one year old lab who still poops in his crate what do I do?:(

Crate training a chocolate lab [ 1 Answers ]

How do I stop my 6 month old chocolate lab from doing his business in his crate. We leave him in his crate from 7am-3pm while we are at work and school. Every day we come home to a messy dog. I've tried everything that I can think of to correct this problem by feeding in the crate, different toys...

View more questions Search