Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pukya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 10:18 AM
    My dog doesn't move out of the street
    When I take my dog for a walk she doesn't go very far, only 4 or 5 houses away from our own house. She's 4 years old, a mixed breed staff / mastiff, and she's a very nervous dog. She doesn't like strangers so I take her out in the night time. And when we're on the walk she pulls a lot and won't go in the direction I want her to, I have to follow her. And if a loud car goes by she darts straight for our house and goes in.help?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 03:42 PM
    Are nightly walks something new for her?
    Has she always been a nervous dog?
    Has something happened to her on a walk that would have frightened her?
    I hope you are not using a retractable leash with her, I think those things are very dangerous in many situations.
    The more details you give the more helpful the advice.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2012, 06:00 PM
    Obedience training! Your dog should never call the shots and "walk" you...

Until you have this under control, no more walks unless it's in the back yard or inside the house...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urgent help my friends dog won't move [ 4 Answers ]

So me and my friend has noticed for the past 3 day she has not been eating look on the fourth day she just lays down her eyes rolling to the back of her head we have tried calling to her but she won't respond I told my friend to lets move her but he's to afraid to so if anyone knows what's going on...

Neglected dog down the street [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me figure this out! Last Saturday afternoon, my kids and I took our dog for a walk around the neighborhood. A little ball of fur popped up out of nowhere and started following us. We didn't see where she came from. We tried calling the number on the tag, no answer,...

My dog won't go outisde and when she does she won't move [ 2 Answers ]

She's 3 1/2 months Pitbull, she's never had any problems with garden and never had a traumatic experience outside. I was thinking, maybe its because it's cold, but its only about 5 degrees centigrade. Ive tried using toys and treats but they don't work, she eats the treat, and then sits down. Ive...

Dog pooping in the house after a move how do I correct [ 1 Answers ]

We have moved to a new house and we have a chocolate Lab. He is almost two years old.He can be by himself all day with no problems. We let him outside every chance we get and when he indicates he wants to go. We have gotten home the last two days, let him outside and he waits till he is in the...

View more questions Search