Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myleshigh Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2012, 08:55 PM
    Windows7 in loop on dell studio laptop
    I have a Dell Studio laptop running windows7 os that is stuck in a boot loop. I do not have a software installation or any type of windows recovery disks, so any solutions involving use of one is out of the things to try. I cannot access safe mode & when I try to restore to previous date it won't complete. I tried a chkdsk /f but it says the disk is write protected. (someone suggested typing chkdsk /p but I think you need the windows cd, right?) I tried diskpart attribute clear from command prompt which wouldn't do anything at first, then said attribute was cleared successfully, but every time windows starts it goes to splash screen, appears to load fine, then the whole laptop shuts down & restarts. Any ideas how to fix it without losing all the personal pics/videos already on the hard drive? Oh, bios is pswd protected & it was a used laptop so the pswd is unknown. There is no recovery disk or backup. I had recently installed norton antivirus which found & fixed 19 issues. I also tried to do a sfc/scannow from command which states a recent recovery process is requiring restart to complete (or something similar to that) so I restart & the loop begins again. Any thoughts? I appreciate any suggestions that anyone has. Blessings
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 9, 2012, 09:11 AM
    If the disk is still intact you can use a separate cd to boot an os from to recover your information. Then call dell for an install cd for your machine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dell studio laptop vista computer [ 0 Answers ]

My dell studio laptop computer keys are locked but the cursor and mouse work as well as an external keyboard how do I unlck the keys

Why does my laptop disconect from the internet when woken from sleep mode . Windows7 [ 6 Answers ]

I have already unticked the power saving option in wireless adapter config and this has not corrected the problem. Laptop is running windows 7 and has a realtek RTL8191SE wireless adaptor. Can anyone help please

Keys locked on dell studio 1537 laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I can't type or use any of the keys on my laptop, they all seem locked. Can't even use the arrow keys. The "Caps Lock" key is not lite, as it usually is. (using slow desktop to type this)

Windows7 professional,laptop password is wrong:( [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, how can I reset my windows 7 professional password,or bypass it sothat I can get in to reset it that way I was reformatting the laptop then after setting it upi had to leave and shutit down, now when I start it up it says the password I put in is wrong ivetried it in caps and not and even...

View more questions Search