Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paleimean Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2012, 05:03 PM
    Home remedies for acne?
    Hi there,
    Can anybody suggest any home treatments for acne? I have been acne-infested since March 2012 and despite all the dermatologic prescriptions and advice nothing is improving. :( Any tried-and-true methods would be really appreciated. Thanks much.
    shanaldo Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Suffered from this for years. I want you to boil a pot of water on the stove until it is at full boil. Take it off the stove, drape a towel over your head and steam your face until the sweat runs down into the pot. (Wash pot well.) Once you are fully "steamed", crack open an egg, and separate the yolk from the white part. (You can do this step first.) Take the egg white and smooth it over your face, and let it dry completely. (Should only take 5-10 minutes.) Only do this a couple of times weekly, but I found it very helpful. (Don't do it everyday - you'll really dry out your skin, and this will aggravate the acne.) Make sure you get a little sun on your face... but no sunburn!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 6, 2012, 05:30 PM
    Keep the skin clean,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2012, 05:34 PM
    Usually acne sufferers are missing certain vitamins and minerals. My son benefited from taking zinc gluconate every day. He started with three 22 mg. (total of 66 mg.) per day, and slowly increased that to six per day. Please research that mineral to find out more and how to space them out during the day.
    Burtney_682 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2012, 12:30 AM
    Hello!

Prevention is also helpful when dealing with acne. Make sure to wash your pillow cases often as oil can build up and cause more breakouts. If you are a woman I would suggest sanitizing your makeup and brushes using isopropyl alcohol. Also, I've found that exfoliating my face once or twice a week really cleans out the pores that my facial wash doesn't always get.

There are some great tips on this post, I'm going to try out all of them!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using acne home remedy and a store acne product at the same time. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok,Is it bad to use fresh garlic to try to cure acne while using an over the counter top product called clearsil ultra daily face wash?:rolleyes:

Great at home remedies for acne? [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to know some at home remedies that get rid of blemishes. Also I would love if you recommended an acne cleanser that's really useful and great. Thank you!

Anyone know any good herbs or homeopathic remedies for acne? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, If anyone has had great success with using herbs or homeopathic remedies for acne then please share! I have used so many topical gels and creams and taken anti biotics for a long time and now I have stopped all of that and I'm looking for an alternative natural solution. I keep getting many...

Home remedies for Diahhrea [ 9 Answers ]

I need some home remedies for this that'll work in under twelve hours. I can't miss school tomorrow but I'm having some bowel issues.

View more questions Search