Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terrybanghart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 09:17 PM
    Dose the Frontier Telephone Company have to abide by the statute of limitations law
    Was just today told that a past due amount of 364.00 was attached to my SS number from Aug. 2005 at the Frontier telephone co. I tried to get a telephone installed, was told that I had to pay it all and deposit, really don't remember this! Dose the statute of limitations cover this? I'm in Northern Michigan, also the company just a few years back bought out what I used to have (verison). Can they hold this against me??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 6, 2012, 03:15 AM
    Statute of Limitation laws cover the time a creditor has to file suit to recover a debt. They have nothing to do with your responsibility to pay that debt or their ability to try and collect it using other means.

If they currently provide your service, they could cut off or deny you service until you pay the debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of Limitations for filing a law suite regarding back pay. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was recently wrongfully dismissed in November of 2011. My former employer has owed me back pay from January of 2011 to July of 2011. I was employed as a bartender in a nightclub. I brought up the fact that I was not receiving cheques multiple times. However, it seems to be a common...

Texas: Debt Collection Law Suit & Statute of Limitations [ 0 Answers ]

I live in Texas. I have an outstanding debt for collection of an unpaid balance on a car loan. The car was totaled in a wreck and the insurance company paid all but ~$6k. The car loan company (Chrysler Financial) sent me a letter on July 9, 2004, requesting me to pay the remaining balance in...

Statute of limitations-Ontario (consumer law?) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, just found this board and thought I would ask a question that may hopefully save me hours searching around the net or making calls. In Feb 2004 my husband and I joined a travel group, balance owing of 4000.00. Direct payments were to come out for 60 months of about 100 a month....

Statute of limitations [ 1 Answers ]

I owed money with my ex-husband to a don't pay a cent event on furniture. During our marriage he received letters from the finance company saying that he was pre approved for various amounts of money. He went in to the company and took these loans out on our original loan behind my back. I had...

View more questions Search