Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    js200 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Will this show up in a hair follicle test?
    I smoked grass practically every day for about a year and now I have been clean for about 3 months. Now I was wondering if I were to have smoked once after this period would this show up in a hair follicle test or would it have to be more frequent in order for it to send up flags on the test?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2012, 05:04 AM
    You will fail... biut then why should you care. You would rather get stoned... and not accept responsibility for doing it.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2012, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by js200 View Post
    I smoked grass practically every day for about a year and now I have been clean for about 3 months. Now I was wondering if i were to have smoked once after this period would this show up in a hair follicle test or would it have to be more frequent in order for it to send up flags on the test?
    The single use would not register on a hair drug test. Infrequent use does not register due to the very low incorporation rate of THC-COOH into hair.

Ref:
    DuPont 2008, Random Student Drug Tests
    Are They Effective for Identifying Occasional Drug Users? p. 8

Sep 6, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Smoothy, actually this was just a question. I have not smoked in months and I don't have a test coming up. Didn't ask about masking and didn't say I was going to either. Accepting responsibility would be the part of me not smoking!
    Thank you drbill. This is what I thought just wasn't 100% sure.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2012, 08:04 AM
    Good that you stopped... however what's in your hair after chronic use will remain there for quite some time.

Sep 6, 2012, 08:36 AM
    Not if I shaved all my hair after quiting for 2 weeks. And when I say all, I mean all. Not just my head.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2012, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by js200 View Post
    Not if I shaved all my hair after quiting for 2 weeks. and when i say all, i mean all. not just my head.
    If you show up bald as an egg for a test... they will use that to fail you. Because while there actually IS a medical disorder where an individual has NO hair anywhere on their body, never had it, can't grow it (head, body, pubic, eyebrows or eyelashes)... its exceptionally rare.

I've actually known one person with that disorder.

Sep 6, 2012, 08:53 AM
    I've heard this to but this was also over 2 months ago. Not bald anymore.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2012, 08:59 AM
    Finger and toe nails are the same material as hair... and grow very slowly.

Sep 6, 2012, 09:12 AM
    Ok. Good thing for me I bite my nails and have forever. My hair is now long enough to not have to worry about someone taking my toe nails.
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2012, 09:23 AM
    Well it takes over 6 months for a fingernail to grow back out fully... if you ever smashed a finger and lost a nail you'd know that's how long it takes. That's how I know. Happened last summer.
    drewbaby1414 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 06:49 PM
    Hi Doc,

Recovering addict with 3 years clean until I relapsed on Nov. 3rd in a big way. My addiction has always been with pain pills but I tried Heroin on Nov 3rd because I'm an addict.

Here is the question: I did heroin on Nov 3rd. It was a half CC of I don't know. The guy who gave it to me told me it was a weak dose or what he would call half a hit. I also took three Loratab 10's on the 4th. I've been clean since then and have started hitting my NA meetings after 1 year of not going.

I have a possible hair follicle test coming on Nov. 28th in a child custody case. I know THC is not very detectable but I don't know if opiates/single use of heroin will show up on the test... I'm just an idiot.

I don't know... I've read bleaching your hair/re-dye will lower concentration levels but I just need some oppionion as to what you think my chances are... Being dumb like I am I guess I deserve what I get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will suboxone show up as an opiate on hair follicle test [ 8 Answers ]

Hi - I have been on suboxone maintenance for over a year and a half and credit this medication as at least half the reason I have been able to stay clean. According to 12-step groups, if prescribed and taking it as prescribed, you are considered clean. My problem is that I need to take a hair...

Can a hair follicle test show quantity taken [ 2 Answers ]

Can a 12 panel hair folical test show not only my perscriptions but can it tell me how often and how much?

Can a hair follicle test show quantity taken [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell from a 12 panel hair fo;ical test how much has be used

Will being around marijuana show up in a hair follicle test if not smoking it yourself? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex smokes marijuana and I'm trying to get a really good job, so I don't want to be around him smoking it because I'm scared it will be found in the hair follicle drug test this employer uses. But, I miss hanging out with my friends because they also are avid pot smokers. Can I be around others...

View more questions Search