Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paolacastro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 07:08 PM
    Why is there no running water in my house
    We have a submerged well pump. We had running water an hour ago and now there is no water at all. We checked breakers, it wasn't that. The pump has no power at all. What can we do?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2012, 08:57 PM
    How do you know the pump has no power? What did you check? How did you check the breaker? Did you check for power at the control box? If you have power on the pump side of the control box, unless your well is dry, you have a bad pump.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2012, 05:34 AM
    Brian nailed it.

Check for power at the pressure switch.

Are contacts open or closed at pressure switch? If closed and u can not hear pump or feel it in water line then pump is probably bad.s are open, close using piece of wood or insulated screwdriver. If pump does not come on, problem is either line to pump or pump.

If contact

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No running water in my house [ 5 Answers ]

My well pump is in ground and I can feel it running when I touch the tp of the pipe but we have no running water in the house! Any ideas for what the problem may be would be greatly apreciated.

No water at all is running through the entire house.. [ 3 Answers ]

We recently had a BLACKOUT that lasted for 20 hours. Everything in the house works by Electric. Once the lights came back on, one hour later, the water shut down entirely. I have 'Well' water. On my Water System Tank, the gauge is on "0", No activity at all. The same holds truth for, The Septic...

Why did my water stop running in my house [ 3 Answers ]

I went to turn on my faucet in my house and find no water from any faucet. I have been using the water as I normally do today. We have a well, with a submersable pump.

Water running down the side of my house [ 1 Answers ]

Something happened when the upstairs toilet in my house was flushed. Water began gooshed out over the toilet and water ran down the side of my house over the downstairs window. I am thinking it is a drain pipe but have not had a chance for anyone to come look at it yet. Any opinions

View more questions Search