Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123SHA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 04:27 PM
    Free live homework help
    I have to use,or,or but to combine two sentences into a compound sentence.or use and oror to combine subjects or predicates. 1 my family loves camping.I prefer reading indoors. 2 A volcano steams.A volcano erupts. 3 Mom likes to hike.I com with her.4 A moose might walk by.A wolf might walk by.

Translation:

I have to use OR or BUT to combine two sentences into a compound sentence. I also have to use AND or OR to combine subjects or predicates.

1. My family loves camping. I prefer reading indoors.

2. A volcano steams. A volcano erupts.

3. Mom likes to hike. I come with her.

4. A moose might walk by. A wolf might walk by.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2012, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 123SHA View Post
    i hav to use,or,or but to combine two sentences into a compound sentence.or use and oror to combine subjects or predicates. 1 my family loves camping.i prefer reading indoors. 2 A volcano steams.A volcano erupts. 3 Mom likes to hike.I com with her.4 A moose might walk by.A wolf might walk by.

I can't even understand this "question."

AMHD does not do homework.

What does your textbook say? What grade are you in?

He's a tip - "or" means one or the other.

"But" means something that is at odds with the first statement.

You need to: have to use,or,or but - makes no sense. "oror" ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 5, 2012, 04:37 PM
    I have to use,or,or but to combine two sentences into a compound sentence.or use and oror to combine subjects or predicates. 1 my family loves camping.I prefer reading indoors. 2 A volcano steams.A volcano erupts. 3 Mom likes to hike.I com with her.4 A moose might walk by.A wolf might walk by.
    Try writing your post again, it makes no sense.

First I is capitalized, have has an e at the end, I don't understand the comma after use, before or, or the second or after the comma after the first or. What's an oror?

Really, I have no idea what you're asking. Are you supposed to use or in a sentence? Are the three sentences, one starting with the number one, and the other starting with the number two, the last starting with the number 3, the sentences you're supposed to add the word or into? What does "One my family loves camping.i prefer reading indoors", mean? Who's one? Is one a member of your family, or is that question number one, in which case it should read like this " 1. My family loves camping. I prefer to read indoors". See the difference?

Be more specific, use your grammar, write properly, and express what you need clearly. Then we can help. We won't give you the answer, but we'll at least know what you're asking so we can lead you in the right direction.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 5, 2012, 05:18 PM
    So, from what I can understand, you need to use the connecting words and/or to combine these four sentence sets? If so, tell me what you came up with.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2012, 05:25 PM
    See my translation in the original post.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 5, 2012, 05:31 PM
    Great work WG.

Translation:

I have to use OR or BUT to combine two sentences into a compound sentence. I also have to use AND or OR to combine subjects or predicates.

1. My family loves camping. I prefer reading indoors.

2. A volcano steams. A volcano erupts.

3. Mom likes to hike. I come with her.

4. A moose might walk by. A wolf might walk by.
    Going by WG's translation, what would you do for number 1?

Would it be

a. My family loves camping, but I prefer reading indoors.

Or

b. My family loves camping, or I prefer reading indoors.

A or B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do my homework for free? [ 2 Answers ]

In the book Dragonwings were did moon shadow and windrider move to

Do my homework for free? [ 2 Answers ]

Think of an innovative piece of hardware for your computer. What would you name the hardware piece? What would it look like and how will it function?

Totally free live major league baseball games live online [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for totally free, no hidden costs, no gimmicks, no free trial only, no virus or malware, proven reliable online feeds for live major league baseball games. I just want to go to the site, click on the game I want to watch and simply watch the game. This is so much harder to find than it...

Do my homework for me free? [ 4 Answers ]

Using jargon write a dictionary definition to describe a new model of mobile phone

Do my homework for me free? [ 3 Answers ]

Air-conditioned for schools a letter to the principal

View more questions Search