Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpierzchala Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 04:14 PM
    Will I pass an EtG after 60 hours?
    I consumed 3 beers between the hours of 7-9 p.m. on a Saturday night and had to EtG test at 9 a.m. Tuesday morning. I am a 20 year old female, weigh approximatly 130lb, fairly active. I consumed A lot of water (pretty much all I drank until my test on Tuesday morning at 9 a.m.) was at the beach and sweating a lot the rest of the weekend. Do you think I will have passed? Mind you I do not know if it was a etg-100 or etg-500, etc.

Thank you!
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2012, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mpierzchala View Post
    I consumed 3 beers between the hours of 7-9 p.m. on a saturday night and had to etg test at 9 a.m. tuesday morning. I am a 20 year old female, weigh approximatly 130lb, fairly active. I consumed ALOT of water (pretty much all I drank until my test on tuesday morning at 9 a.m.) was at the beach and sweating alot the rest of the weekend. Do you think I will have passed? Mind you I do not know if it was a etg-100 or etg-500, ect.

Thank you!
    EtG created from 3 beers should be cleared within about 36 hours (range 27-44). That is based on 100 ng cutoff.

Sep 5, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Out of curiosity, why is it claimed 80hrs?

Sep 5, 2012, 06:34 PM
    [QUOTE=mpierzchala;3260843]out of curiosity, why is it claimed 80hrs?? ]
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2012, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mpierzchala View Post
    out of curiosity, why is it claimed 80hrs?
    The claim can be traced to early research by Dr. F. Wurst around 1997 and long since proven inaccurate. Subsequently the commercial drug testing industry in US (2003) began citing Wurst and perpetuated a myth. A very profitable but harmful myth.

In fairness there have been a few cases of detection of EtG up to about 90 hours in highly intoxicated chronic alcoholics. In order to reach the 80 hour mark very heavy intoxication must be present and even then the detection window is usually far shorter.

Sep 5, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    The claim can be traced to early research by Dr. F. Wurst around 1997 and long since proven inaccurate. Subsequently the commercial drug testing industry in US (2003) began citing Wurst and perpetuated a myth. A very profitable but harmful myth.

In fairness there have been a few cases of detection of EtG up to about 90 hours in highly intoxicated chronic alcoholics. In order to reach the 80 hour mark very heavy intoxication must be present and even then the detection window is usually far shorter.
    Thank you very much for you quick response, I should find out my results tomorrow! I will let you know how it goes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

72 hours to pass EtG [ 11 Answers ]

I drank 5 vodka martinis over 4.5 hours. I have an ETG almost exactly 72 hours since my last drink. I have normal metabolism, ate normally, and drank an adequate amount of water. It is a 500ng cutoff. What are my chances of passing and yes I will report back with results. Thank you!

Pass ETG in 75 hours [ 2 Answers ]

I had 6 (strong) drinks over 6 hours went home watched TV for 3 hour went to bed and slept for 8 hours worked out then had 3 weak bloody marys over 3 hours for brunch. I have an ETG in exactly 75 hours from my BAC reaching 0. I am 195 pounds, 5'11" and am 46 years old. I intend on eating...

Pass EtG in 75 hours [ 13 Answers ]

25 yr old female weighing 150 lbs. Drank 12 beers 75 hrs ago. Will I pass? Also taking test in the morning.

Will I be able to pass EtG in 63 hours? [ 0 Answers ]

I am 23 year old male in good health. I weight around 145 and 6'0 ft tall. I had around eight shots of vodka and 1 four loko which is 24oz and 12% alcohol. I have a very very fast metabolism what are my chances of passing and EtG test in around 63 hours? I consumed the beverages in about a 5 hour...

View more questions Search