Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wisdom90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Am I eligible to work at the same establishment I was fired in?
    I was terminated earlier this year at my job at the assisted living place I was working at. I didn't do anything bad, I was fired because I wasn't able to complete one of the job training I was suppose to complete. I'm an on-call nurse so I don't have a set schedule but I was away for college so I wasn't able to go back home to complete the training. My phone has changed and they weren't able to find me and I completely forgot that I was still required to complete the training even though I was only on call. I was a good nurse, I was never put in any disciplinary action and in fact a lot of my former worker and supervisor can attest to my work ethic as a nurse. When I received the letter saying I was fired I didn't do anything about it right away because I didn't think it would do anything and I was preoccupied with school. But recently I've been thinking about going back. What should I do? Who do I go to? Is it possible that this decision can be reverse?

I was offered to work as a private duty nurse at the same establishment and the compensation is good. I will not be working for the company but for the family who lives at the assisted living. Regardless, I would still need to ask their permission if I can provide service there. What can I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom90 View Post
    I was terminated earlier this year at my job at the assisted living place I was working at. I didn't do anything bad, I was fired because I wasn't able to complete one of the job training I was suppose to complete. I'm an on-call nurse so I don't have a set schedule but I was away for college so I wasn't able to go back home to complete the training. My phone has changed and they weren't able to find me and I completely forgot that I was still required to complete the training even though I was only on call. I was a good nurse, I was never put in any disciplinary action and in fact a lot of my former worker and supervisor can attest to my work ethic as a nurse. When I received the letter saying I was fired I didn't do anything about it right away because I didn't think it would do anything and I was preoccupied with school. But recently I've been thinking about going back. What should I do? Who do I go to? Is it possible that this decision can be reverse?

I was offered to work as a private duty nurse at the same establishment and the compensation is good. I will not be working for the company but for the family who lives at the assisted living. Regardless, I would still need to ask their permission if I can provide service there. What can I do?

There is no way to know if the company would re-hire you following your completion of the necessary training without asking the company. Reverse the firing? I very much doubt it. Contact HR and ask.

As far as working for a private individual within the same facility if "you still need to ask their permission if [you] can provide service there" it would appear you have no choice but ask permission.

This may or may not be a separate issue from your firing. The only way to know is to ask HR.

Are you a RN, LPN, something else?
    Wisdom90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    There is no way to know if the company would re-hire you following your completion of the necessary training without asking the company. Reverse the firing? I very much doubt it. Contact HR and ask.

As far as working for a private individual within the same facility if "you still need to ask their permission if [you] can provide service there" it would appear you have no choice but ask permission.

This may or may not be a separate issue from your firing. The only way to know is to ask HR.

Are you a RN, LPN, something else?
    I'm an LPN

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fired for getting sick at work. [ 4 Answers ]

Today I just started working for a hospital in the Food Sevrices Dept. I felt fine when I walked in the door but after delivering meals to patient rooms and sorting dishes, I started to feel very nauseous. The combination of going up and down, and the heat/steam from the dishwasher made me get...

Fired from work [ 6 Answers ]

Just wanted some advice, basically I was fired from work yesterday due to gross misconduct the reason beingI never went into work last Saturday as was feeling unwell, I asked a friend to ring in for me. I spent the day in bed and started to feel better in the evening so I went on a night out with...

How many weeks to you have to work before you are eligible for maternity pay? [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering: How many weeks to you have to work before you are eligible for maternity pay from your employer?

F1 Student Co-op on 1099 is eligible work ? Is it illigal? [ 1 Answers ]

F1 Student Co-op on 1099 is eligible work ? Is it illigal?? Hi, I am f1 Student in Louisiana, I am working 4m 2 weeks in small company on CO-op(cpt). I am asking same question you answered many times, bt I want to make sure I am doing right. University internationa service issed me a new...

Assaulted at work then fired [ 2 Answers ]

I was sexually assaulted at work by my employers friend, who was there to train me in software use. The man owns/owned his own separate company. He was charged with sexual misconduct, and 3 counts of harassment. I have been having panic attacks and went to the doctor, who took me off work and...

View more questions Search