Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    softball70 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Telling my parents
    Well in my previous questions me and my friend were confused with each other and we have been talking a lot and decided that we were going to start. Dating. So I was wondering how I would tell my parents if I told them at all thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2012, 12:54 PM
    What does "dating" mean?

Yes, you need to tell your parents the whole story. How? You sit down during a calm time in the living room or at the kitchen table and tell them.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 5, 2012, 12:56 PM
    Unless you're an adult, yes, you need to tell your parents.
    PokeNiamh Posts: 17, Reputation: -3

Sep 8, 2012, 03:04 PM
    I told my mum I had a boyfriend and now she can't keep her nose out... Soooo its best 2 keep it a secret. (By the way, I'm nearly 14, so I say it doesn't matter about telling your mum or dad.)
    Pets Expert

Sep 8, 2012, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeNiamh View Post
    I told my mum I had a boyfriend and now she can't keep her nose out... Soooo its best 2 keep it a secret. (By the way, im nearly 14, so I say it dosent matter bout tellin ur mum or dad.)
    So the law doesn't matter? You're telling the poster to break the law because you don't want to follow it?

Maybe the two of you can share a cell when you're older.

Good luck with that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2012, 06:02 AM
    Yes you need to tell them, as noted other youth may disagree but then they don't respect and understand the role of the parent
    Pets Expert

Sep 9, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Yes you need to tell them, as noted other youth may disagree but then they don't respect and understand the role of the parent
    Or the law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telling My Parents that I Need To Go On My Own [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got an opportunity to go to overseas this summer to perform and I'm very excited. However, my parents want to go and I'm just not 100% sure that I want them to. Out of the four of us soloists, I'm the only one who is a student or a non-professional rather and I highly doubt that the...

Telling the parents. [ 35 Answers ]

I'm seventeen, turning 18 in October, and I am engaged. (Fiance is 21 years old. BTW, they have NEVER met him before!) My fiancé and I are getting married October 30th, that is FIVE days after my birthday. Welp, I want to tell my parents. I have already told my Grandparents and they're happy, but...

Telling parents about pregnancy [ 30 Answers ]

I would like to get some suggestions on how a teenage girl should tell her parents that she is pregnant

Telling parents about engagement [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is currently enlisted in the USN and is deploying in November and won't return until Springtime of 2008. When he gets back, we intend to marry right away. What I am asking, is how am I going to tell my parents we are planning to marry? I'm pretty young and I just want to know how I...

Telling Parents [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I just found this group this eveing I have an issue where I can use a little advise if any one can help. Ok here goes. A little about me My name is steve I and am 25 years old. My Parents are both loving and caring I come from a 3 person family meaning I am a only child My...

View more questions Search