Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bparkman2011 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2012, 12:47 PM
    No Geographical restrictions
    If there are no geographical restrictions in a custody order, can someone move the kids to another state without the consent of the other parent without being held in contempt?
    My niece lives in OK, but wants to move to TX. There is a restraining order against the other parent. What is the best way for her to handle this situation?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 4, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Does the father have any visitation rights? If the move would infringe upon his visitation (or make it more difficult or costly), he may well object to the move.
    bparkman2011 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2012, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Does the father have any visitation rights? If the move would infringe upon his visitation (or make it more difficult or costly), he may well object to the move.
    His visits have been suspended, due to current restraining order, which is in place for 6 months, then the case will be reviewed again. If the restraining order is lifted he will regain visitation.
    If during this time my niece establishes residency in TX, can she file custody papers in TX?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 4, 2012, 05:51 PM
    She NEEDS to get permission from the court that issued the RO to move. Since there is pending litigation that court holds jurisdiction and will continue to.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 4, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    She NEEDS to get permission from the court that issued the RO to move. Since there is pending litigation that court holds jurisdiction and will continue to.
    Assuming the restraining order is considered part of a custody case. If custody of the child is not mentioned, it may be that she is free to move.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 5, 2012, 03:19 AM
    I disagree. Since it was mentioned that the RO and (ergo) visitation is up for review in 6 months. I think a court will consider it in contempt if the mother moves without court permission. On the other hand, I think the court might grant permission if asked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restrictions this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting this error when I click the cintrol panel and my network place etc..

Geographical homeland for hippopotamus [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I was told that placing a mountainous background on a drawing of a Hippo was incorrect, as nowhere do hippos live in this kind of environment. Is this corredct

Geographical [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: what do these famous mountians have in common mount Etna in sicily, Mount St. Helens in the u.s, and mount Vesuvius in italy.:confused:

Geographical effects of outsourcing [ 1 Answers ]

I am taking a course in cultural diversity, I have a project to complete. I am looking for information relating to the geogriphical effects of outsourcing in china

View more questions Search