Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hello123xo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2012, 05:47 PM
    Bpd
    I'm young, yes, I'm only thirteen years old, I'm a female. I'm having some problems with my attitude, at first I thought it was that I was PMSing, or maybe bipolar. But the symptoms of BPD sound much clearer. I grew up and was scarred with my parents constantly breaking up, dating other people. MY mom was in a car wreck, she dated an abusive man, my father's in jail at the moment and I live with my Grandmother. I'm extremely worried. My Granma constantly fights with me because I can't control emotions. Please help me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Please don't diagnose yourself. BPD usually doesn't manifest itself until the late teens or early 20s.

Have you talked with a counselor yet? If not, is there one you can connect with and start going to to figure this out?
    backpack2389 Posts: 255, Reputation: 83

Sep 5, 2012, 07:27 AM
    At thirteen, I think most young girls have trouble controlling their emotions. I don't think you have bipolar disorder but rather just have raging hormones. If you're aware that your extreme emotions are hurting your relationship with your grandmother, then make a conscious effort to control them. Also, instead of venting those emotions through arguments with your grandmother, try to find a different outlet. Perhaps keep a journal. If you feel restless, try doing a little exercise. The exercise would help relieve pent up energy and the endorphins might help improve your mood.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2012, 07:43 AM
    BPD? BiPolar Disorder or Borderline Personality Disorder?

You are 13 and your hormones are running rampant. It's not uncommon for youngsters of this age to not be able to control their emotions. The key here is that you have to learn how to control them and to channel that energy into something productive instead of destructive and that can be hard to do at your age.

When you get angry try writing in a journal/diary. Are you artistic? Maybe try drawing. Take a walk to get away from the situation.

Have you thought of writing short stories?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have bpd [ 1 Answers ]

I Frequently fearing being left or abandoned by loved one or friends I'm Often imagining or believing that others are leaving, even when they are not I'm Having intense relationships with lots of conflict, also Having frequent arguments with friends and loved ones I'm Experiencing ups and...

BPD Sufferers [ 11 Answers ]

Wanted to here from people who have been diagnosed with BPD. Can you tell me about your symptoms. I have a feeling I am and I would like to compare symptoms. Thanks for your help!

Do I have BPD? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if anyone can help, but I've had depression for years, but it's been suggested to me a few times that I may have borderline personality disorder (BPD). Mainly because I have the mood swings, the anger, the self harm, the depression, the feelings of confused personality/sexuality and...

Bpd [ 12 Answers ]

My wife suffers from bpd she is always throwing tamtrons and wants to kill her self and she always say that I am cheating on her how do I help her please get back to me:confused:

Bpd? [ 4 Answers ]

I think I may have something called borderline personality disorder.. I suffer from severe depression and have crazy mood swings, and can not stay happy for more then a week.. is there any cures or treatments for this. I tried talking to a therapist but I didn't work.. what can I do to get out of...

View more questions Search