Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherrihadley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2012, 01:08 PM
    Swelling after eating salty food.
    My feet, ankles and hands swell every time I eat something that has a lot of salt in it. I am wondering what my maximum intake of salt should be if I want to avoid all the swelling. It seems like every single food item in the store has a ton of sodium in it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Have you discussed this with your doctor? Have annual physicals including blood workup?
    sherrihadley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2012, 01:14 PM
    Yes, my Doctor is aware of this. He prescribed the water pill, dyazide. He did not do any blood work though.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2012, 01:19 PM
    Odd they didn't since bloodwork will determine if you have other underlying issues. And should be part of an annual physical.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 4, 2012, 01:56 PM
    What mg. Dyazide? Are you taking one daily? Does it give relief?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 6, 2012, 04:15 AM
    Avoiding salt altogether is a good idea. Start reading labels when you shop; here in Canada any food item has to have a list of carbs, sodium, etc. on the container.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog stop eating his dog food or drink but he will eat table food [ 6 Answers ]

Last week we took a long road trip and took our dog with us. On the trip he eat his food with no problems but we did give him table food at times. Now he will not eat his food unless it's mixed with table food and he will no drink from his water bowl. Can you help? Should I take him to the vet?

Are there any benefits to eating food with Ginger? [ 4 Answers ]

Are there any benefits to eating ginger or foods with ginger?

Eating Junk Food [ 4 Answers ]

I just can't help eating junk food, drinking soft drinks. I'm so addicted to it and when I'm running I just walk not run. I just can't be bothered I weigh at the weight of 58kgs of the height of 1.59 m. Please I need help. I need to lose weight in 6 days with no payments in credit card. Please I'm...

Not eating the food [ 7 Answers ]

I'm sorry, I hate to be a pain in the arse, but I changed to natural food and they don't seem to be eating it. At first I thought it was because one was on antibiotics, but now has been 2 days and not much eating. No one is starving, and still acting normal, but I'm wondering if I should get a...

Dog not eating food [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am very worried about my 6 week old daschund puppy as she is not showing any interest in food. We keep changing foods but even after that she is not taking. Milk she is drinking. Any help will be appreciated. Regards, Poonam

View more questions Search