Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    digerdo2 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2012, 02:29 PM
    Geranium buds falling off
    My Geraniums are nice and green and seem to be growing but when the buds for the flowers come up they are turning brown and then dying. Are they getting too much water. The weather has been very very hot here lately. Southern California.

Thank you... glenda
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Sep 18, 2012, 11:28 PM
    Check for the tobacco budworm. You might see chew holes, chewing damage, or frass (insect poop).

If you don't find worms, then it could possibly be overwatering or too much humidity

Also, consider not letting the buds get wet. Water the soil only. Moisture may allow fungus to grow on the buds.

Univ of MInnesota
    digerdo2 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gnahcd View Post
    Check for the tobacco budworm. You might see chew holes, chewing damage, or frass (insect poop).

If you don't find worms, then it could possibly be overwatering or too much humidity

Also, consider not letting the buds get wet. Water the soil only. Moisture may allow fungus to grow on the buds.

Univ of MInnesota
    Thank you for getting back to me... glenda

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Geranium Oil & Azadirachtin Business Consultancy [ 2 Answers ]

We wish to start Geranium Oil and/ or Azadirachtin business on a small/ medium scale in India. Can anybody guide us on technical aspects and business potential buyers and rates available in the international markets. Any list of buyers would be appreciated.

Ear buds [ 6 Answers ]

Any suggestions for rather inexpensive earbuds with "bright" response, may be also on the bass side

How many taste buds? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the exact number of taste buds on the tongue of human beings?

Double buds [ 1 Answers ]

My rosebush has a double bud growing in one bud spot. How often does this happen, and what causes this to happen.

Taste buds [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my taste buds a week ago and my question is what happened and when will they come back? Thank You!

View more questions Search