Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    domolova Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Sep 3, 2012, 02:12 PM
    Foster home questions
    I can't stand to live in this dam house with my mom.shes crazy... she deos all of stuff to me but lets just talk the basics.she hits me there's no tommarow.she deosnt care is she breaks my nose bust my teeth. She says that if I keep talking back to her (I try to explain to her,she starts making up lies like crazy)that she will put me in a hospital.shell get a divorse.and she always says she's going to jail and I'm going to be died. She steps on my neck punches m mouth and punched me in my eye.and. Now one of my eyes will forever be smaller then the other one.she calls me a ,she says she hates me,and she calls me a son of a ,worthless,AND MUCH MUCH more:
    1.lets say the cops come and I tell the all of this plus way more will I go to a foster home that night
    2.im 13 years old will I go to a foster home or a group home
    3.if I go to a home can I hang out with my friends,go out for a little
    4.if I disobey one there rules what will happen
    5.will I ge to choose if I want to see my parnets again
    PLEASE anwer my questions please sorry if I spelled stuff wrong I'm TOO angery to care
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 3, 2012, 02:31 PM
    So when are you going to report this to a school cousellor. Surely the damage to your face and body will alert them to physical abuse by your mom. No, in foster care you won't be able to go out with your friends; your foster home may be in an entirely different area.

What have your friends and school mentioned about your damage?

I guess your mom appears to be not too pleased with your dad.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2012, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by domolova View Post
    I can't stand to live in this dam house with my mom.shes crazy...she deos all of stuff to me but lets just talk the basics.she hits me theres no tommarow.she deosnt care is she breaks my nose bust my teeth. She says that if i keep talking back to her (i try to explain to her,she starts making up lies like crazy)that she will put me in a hospital.shell get a divorse.and she always says shes going to jail and im going to be died. She steps on my neck punches m mouth and punched me in my eye.and. Now one of my eyes will forever be smaller then the other one.she calls me a ,she says she hates me,and she calls me a son of a ,worthless,AND MUCH MUCH more:
    1.lets say the cops come and i tell the all of this plus way more will i go to a foster home that night
    2.im 13 years old will i go to a foster home or a group home
    3.if i go to a home can i hang out with my friends,go out for a little
    4.if i disobey one there rules what will happen
    5.will i ge to choose if i want to see my parnets agian
    PLEASE anwer my questions please sorry if i spelled stuff wrong im TOO angery to care

1 - If you can prove your claims the Police might take you to a group home, very probably not a foster home on such short notice.

2 - Depends on how many other 13-year olds are entering into the system.

3 - You most probably won't be in the same area where you live now - the rukes will depend on where you will be placed.

4 - If you disobey the rules you could be placed in a juvenile detention home.

5 - Whether you can see your parents depends on whether they are charged criminally.

You can't be removed from the home except for social activities.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2012, 03:15 PM
    I can't stand to live in this dam house with my mom.shes crazy...she deos all of to me but lets just talk the basics.she hits me theres no tommarow.she deosnt care is she breaks my nose bust my teeth. She says that if i keep talking back to her (i try to explain to her,she starts making up lies like crazy)that she will put me in a hospital.shell get a divorse.and she always says shes going to jail and im going to be died. She steps on my neck punches m mouth and punched me in my eye.and. Now one of my eyes will forever be smaller then the other one.she calls me a ,she says she hates me,and she calls me a son of a ,worthless,AND MUCH MUCH more:
    1.lets say the cops come and i tell the all of this plus way more will i go to a foster home that night
    2.im 13 years old will i go to a foster home or a group home
    3.if i go to a home can i hang out with my friends,go out for a little
    4.will i get to choose when i wanna see my parents
    5.what are foster homes or group homes like
    6.im 13 will i be on. A foster home or a group home
    Please anwer my questions
    if i spelled stuff wrong im too angry to
    care and im typing really fast

Okay. By number -

1 - if the Police are called and find that your accusations of abuse are true and they get involved you will probably go either to juvenile detention just overnight (not because you are in trouble) until they can find a placement for you. Whether you would be placed in a foster home or group home depends on what openings the system has at that time. I would guess a group home at least in the short term.

2 - Group home or foster home depends on what the system has available.

3 - You will definitely not stay in the same area. Whether you will your friends depends on where you are placed and whether the "rules" allow it.

4 - The Court will tell your parents when they can see you. It's not going to be your choice.

5 - Some foster homes are good. Some aren't. I don't think group homes are fun - a lot of people sort of "warehoused." Depends, of course, on the State and the type of facility, how many people. People are people and that's what it comes down to. Foster "kids" get moved around a lot depending on what is available, how long it's available.

6 - Again, I would say a group home for starters.

Your first question asked what happens if you don't follow the rules. That's simple. You would go into juvenile detention.

Sep 3, 2012, 03:54 PM
    Based on my question how long do you think ill be in a foster home.if I tell them I don't want to go home can I still stay ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2012, 05:46 PM
    1.lets say the cops come and I tell the all of this plus way more will I go to a foster home that night

Depends, the police will need to see the bruises, and evidence of the abuse. They may leave you and contact social services to do a home review. Or they may come with some Juv Case worker that day.

In emergancy withdrawal, you don't go into foster care, that is a longer process, you wlll go to a emergany shelter or other group home for a few days till other placement is done.

2.im 13 years old will I go to a foster home or a group home

You will almost always go into a group home to start till a foster home can be found, normally there are more kids for homes than there are homes

3.if I go to a home can I hang out with my friends,go out for a little
    Depends on the home, normally no, there will have strict rules and you are not free to run the streets

4.will I get to choose when I want to see my parents
    No you have no say in that what so ever, the parents will have to get permission to see you if they wish.

5.what are foster homes or group homes like
    Group homes can be fairly dangerous depending on the level of street kids there at any time. Often dorm type sleeping, and few if any personal belongings. One TV for many to watch, set on channels the center wants you to watch.

Most foster care ( while there are many good people) do it for the money, they get paid to house you, so don't expect much from them.

6.im 13 will I be on. A foster home or a group home
    I would say group home

** also don't expect this to be right in your neighbor, it may be some distant away.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2012, 05:48 PM
    You have no choice to come or go, your parents can try and get you back by following court rules, doing programs and so on.

If there is actual abuse, the parents may be changed in criminal court and may even go to jail or prison if it is as bad as you said.

Of course if this is all a lie and you report it, you may still get out of the house but in Juv Detention
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2012, 05:57 PM
    Based on my question how long do you think ill be in a foster home.if i tell them i dont wanna go home can i still stay ?

It all depends on what a Court orders. For example, you could be permanently placed in foster care. You could be in foster care for a limited period while your parents get help. If your home situation is dangerous, you will remain a ward of the State, either in a foster home or a group home.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 3, 2012, 10:36 PM
    >Multiple Threads Merged<
    Please stop posting the same question over and over.

Sep 16, 2012, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    >Multiple Threads Merged<
    Please stop posting the exact same question over and over.
    Go talk to your friends... o wait... you really don't have eny do you -____-

Ps.thanks everyone your anwers made me think twice
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 01:25 PM
    go talk to your friends...o wait... you really dont have eny do you -____-

ps.thanks everyone your anwers made me think twice
    Don't be rude to the people posting here helping you.

My guess is that you don't like rules, and you're lying about all of this. Why? Because of the snotty attitude you just gave Ben, our administrator, a man that can and will ban your arse in a blink of an eye if you don't behave here.

Foster care isn't fun. You will likely get tossed from one foster home to the next, especially if what I think is true, and you don't like rules and have a bad attitude. Foster parents, like the people on this site, volunteer to take kids in. They don't have to put up with any crap you dish out.

If what you say is true, CPS will get involved, they'll investigate, and if it's found that you're telling the truth you'll be made a ward of the state, and your parents will likely be charged with child abuse and sent to jail.

You'll be a ward of the state until you turn 18, at which time you'll be kicked out of the program and forced to fend for yourself (that means you'll have to work, get a place to live).

Most foster kids don't go to college, they take one dead end job after another because they have to in order to feed themselves. They can't go back to mom and dad and ask for help. They're on their own once they turn 18.

You won't have time for friends and fun. You'll be too busy trying to survive.

So, are you really being abused, or are you just looking for attention? Be honest, if not with us, at least with yourself. If you are being abused then you shouldn't have to put up with that. Foster care won't be fun, but staying in the home you're in now isn't an option. If you're making this all up, it will be found out. Then you'll be the one charged, not your parents. Think long and hard about this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2012, 04:29 PM
    ps.thanks everyone your anwers made me think twice
    So things are not that bad huh? Once it has been explained that getting removed from your parent's home is not that convenient, you are having second thoughts?
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2012, 08:31 AM
    Hard to believe this spoiled, mouthy kid is having problems with his parents...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 17, 2012, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Hard to believe this spoiled, mouthy kid is having problems with his parents ...
    Have you seen her other posts? In one she seems to have illegally obtained a tongue piercing.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Have you seen her other posts? In one she seems to have illegally obtained a tongue piercing.

- and I'm off to check! (I'll bet if she mentions foster care her parents sign on the dotted line!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old does a child have to be to leave a foster home [ 3 Answers ]

My 13 & 14 year old are in Long-Term Foster Care & they would like to come live with me. I'm wondering on how do I go about this? As you see I'm representing myself & I would like to know all the information & I go about the proper / right procedures. If anyone can help me I'll be so thankful. Oh...

OK, foster care questions? [ 1 Answers ]

My situation is complicated, but aren't they all! Anyway, without writing a book about what is happening I'm hoping I can get a question answered. I have a niece who is in foster care (2 months now) in Oklahoma. I live out of state and have been working diligently with my state to get licensed...

View more questions Search