Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacredchaos Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2012, 08:47 AM
    Guardian or Ghost?
    I stumbled onto this site and I thought I would try and get a reasonably intelligent reply, but I see there are trolls even in this forum. But, here goes. My little minpin started behaving very strangely one evening shortly after I fasted for two days. The fast was to pray for guidance, healing, and anointing of the Holy Spirit (gift of discernment of spirits). I mention the fasting because the seems to be a trigger. So, this first evening Georgie would not leave the bedroom, but sat at the doorway staring outside into the hall afraid to go out. I thought it was funny at first. So, I took him and we went out to the living room to watch TV. He began acted as though he was watching someone walk around the living room. This is odd because he has cataracts. He followed something for several minutes. Then it was as though Georgie was commanded to come and sit. His ears were straight back and he sat there looking up at something. He has never behaved this way in 11 yrs, so I looked it up and it means a dog is submissive, very nervous or excited. After watching him do this for a couple of minutes, I got on my knees and prayed. After I prayed I did not notice anything else and he was back to normal. A couple of weeks later I fasted again in an attempt to focus on God and pray for the same breakthroughs in my life. The same thing with Georgie happened again. Now it seems to be happening almost other day. But, only it's now not just my dog. My bedroom door closed by itself while I was on my knees praying at my bed. My baptism certificate came flying off my bookshelf down into my face while sitting at my desk. A childhood photo of mine I had on my bulletin board was lying on the floor and marked all over with a pen when I came home one night. Now twice I have heard and felt the spring on my mattress move as something got off it when I was laying down. Last night as I was taking Georgie to the car for a ride, I heard something sit down in the car after I opened it to let me dog in. I have leather seats, so some heavy weight made the sound of sitting. Georgie had been watching something in the house that evening again prior to the car ride. So, I am beginning to become frightened. I read my Bible and I pray often. Two nights ago I woke up suddenly and could have sworn I saw a tall black figure standing by the door and dart out. Now that one I could have imagined out of fear. I have seen shadow people with the fedora and trench coat 3x about 2 years ago, but the black figure was different. So, I really need some input here please. I do not want to go to my pastor yet. I was going to when I found my photo, but I was still trying to tell myself this is all imagined. However, I just can't deny it anymore.

May not be related, but at the end of my fasting I have asked God if he would pierce the veil for me and let me see. I have read Christian books about this being done for others, so I put it out there in prayer. I know it's dangerous to ask for signs and all that, so I thought I would add it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2012, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sacredchaos View Post
    My little minpin started behaving very strangely one evening shortly after I fasted for two days. The fast was to pray for guidance, healing, and anointing of the Holy Spirit (gift of discernment of spirits). I mention the fasting because the seemed to be a trigger, at first. So, this first evening Georgie would not leave the bedroom, but sat at the doorway staring outside into the hall. He is about 12 and normally lies on the bed. I thought it was funny at first. So, I took him and we went out to the living room to watch tv. Georgie acted as though he was watching someone walk around the living room. He followed him with his eyes/head and it was very intense. Then it was as though Georgie was commanded to come and sit. His ears were straight back and he sat there looking up at something. He has very floppy ears and has never ever done this before. I didn't even know his ears could do this. After watching him do this for a couple of minutes, I thought I had better get on my knees and pray. After I prayed I did not notice anything else. I know I had asked God to pierce the veil if only for a moment and let me see his angel. I asked this because of the angel voice I heard speak to me during the week I found salvation. So, I assumed this was for my benefit. A couple of weeks later I fasted again in an attempt to focus on God and pray for the same breakthroughs in my life. The same thing with Georgie happened again. Now it seems to be happening almost other day. But, not just my dog. My bedroom door closed by itself while I was on my knees praying at my bed. My baptism certificate came flying off my bookshelf down into my face while sitting at my desk. I still thought maybe this might be okay. Scary, but ok. But, now I have heard and felt the spring on my mattress move as something got off it as I am waking up twice. Last night as I was taking Georgie to the car for a ride, I heard something sit down in the car after I opened it to let me dog in. I have leather seats, so some weight made the sound of sitting. Georgie had been watching something in the evening again prior to the car ride. So, I am beginning to become frightened. I read my Bible and I pray often. Two nights ago I woke up suddenly and could have sworn I saw a tall black figure standing by the door and dart out. Now that I could have imagined out of fear. So, I really need some input here please. I do not want to go to my pastor.

If you are a religious person why don't you want to go to your Pastor? You hear voices?

I would "guess" - and I have dogs - that your dog is picking up on your anxiety or upset or changed behavior.

Sep 3, 2012, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    If you are a religious person why don't you want to go to your Pastor? You hear voices?

I would "guess" - and I have dogs - that your dog is picking up on your anxiety or upset or changed behavior.
    Yes, I have heard two distinct voices on two separate occasions. I heard them during what I will call the week of my deliverance and coming to the Lord, and accepting my salvation. I heard a very loud male voice to the right of my bed and a touch that woke me up. A few days later, I heard a booming male voice that was strong and powerful that woke me up from the left side of my bed. I used the word "angel" because that week I was praying constantly and asking for deliverance. The second voice was the most startling, but what it said changed my life dramatically and instantly.

So, I do not feel that is related to my topic, but it seemed okay to mention it. Following that week I began having intense dreams about Jesus and it was all very life changing. I only mentioned it because I was trying to give a lot of details about me to help someone with more knowledge to better assist me. But, what I feel is happening now is not good and not so amusing anymore. I want it to stop. I stumbled on this site and thought I would put my experience out there to see if there might be some insight. No, my dog is not picking anything up from me. I remain very calm when it starts and simply try and watch. At first, it was exciting, but not so anymore, just frightening.

I don't want to talk to my pastor because I have been looking for a new church. The one I attend is more geared toward praise and worship music than offering good Bible-based sermons. That's all. I have heard of a deliverance ministry close by, but haven't visited yet.

Thank you for the reply, though. I really am looking for help of any kind.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 6, 2012, 03:18 AM
    If you don't mind, I'd like to ask about your deliverance and salvation. Can you describe the details of these events? Why were you praying specifically for the discerment of spirits. Also, fyi, the discernment of spirits has nothing to do with seeing spiritual entities.

May I ask what area you live in?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 6, 2012, 05:59 AM
    Don't judge a forum you have never visited before and assume that you won't receive intelligent answers. As for trolls, we have very few visiting here, they are noticed immediately by our very astute moderators and eliminated before doing any damage.
    jayparanormal Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Sep 8, 2012, 11:09 AM
    Certain spirits give off certain energies if you feel scared or uncomfortable around this spirit then its not a guardian. There is not a lot known of shadows but they appear and feel sinister. A shadow as they are called could be a demon, evil spirit, or someone who died a violent death. You dogs can see the spirit, animals can feel, sense, or see things we cannot. You dog was acting weird because your spirit was around because dogs are sensitive around this type of thing. You said you heard voices were there two and if so did it sound like they were having a conversation? Are they speaking in a different language or really fast.
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2012, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Don't judge a forum you have never visited before and assume that you won't receive intelligent answers. As for trolls, we have very few visiting here, they are noticed immediately by our very astute moderators and eliminated before doing any damage.

Well, apparently not always - and here's just a sample: "Certain spirits give off certain energies if you feel scared or ncomfortable around this spirit then its not a gaurdian. There is not a lot known of shadows but they appear and feel sinister. A shadow as they are called could be a demon, evil spirit, or someone who died a violent death."

Hard to put faith in someone who cannot post a post "you" can read.

Sep 8, 2012, 05:36 PM
    I love the fact that you are bound to an eternity of darkness and evil simply because you died a violent death.
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2012, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    I love the fact that you are bound to an eternity of darkness and evil simply because you died a violent death.

I didn't even catch that -

Sep 8, 2012, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Well, apparently not always - and here's just a sample: "Certain spirits give off certain energies if you feel scared or ncomfortable around this spirit then its not a gaurdian. There is not a lot known of shadows but they appear and feel sinister. A shadow as they are called could be a demon, evil spirit, or someone who died a violent death."

Hard to put faith in someone who cannot post a post "you" can read.
    Im sorry if you can't read it because I have dysgraphia its kind of like dyslexia because it messes with how your seeing words. So if I make mistakes in grammar, spelling, and missing words here and there, well its because of my dysgraphia. I have no control of it I am very sorry. Im sorry if you think I'm trolling but I'm only giving my advice and my view of things and I guess you do not like them or agree with them but I'm not trying to troll I'm trying to help as much as I can. I don't want to have a debate with you or fight. I would rather be seen as a friend then an enemy by you. I just wanted to help people and one thing on how to do that is give advice. Don't feel bad because your not the only one who makes me feel very stupid on here pointing out my mistakes in my advice in a very rude manner or pointing out how I type something in. You most likely don't care but I will not post on this site ever again if it will make you all feel better about yourselves. Im sorry for the long message.
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2012, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayparanormal View Post
    Im sorry if you can't read it because i have dysgraphia its kinda like dyslexia because it messes with how your seeing words. So if i make mistakes in grammar, spelling, and missing words here and there, well its because of my dysgraphia. I have no control of it I am very sorry. Im sorry if you think im trolling but im only giving my advice and my view of things and i guess you do not like them or agree with them but im not trying to troll im trying to help as much as i can. I dont want to have a debate with you or fight. I would rather be seen as a friend then an enemy by you. I just wanted to help people and one thing on how to do that is give advice. Don't feel bad because your not the only one who makes me feel very stupid on here pointing out my mistakes in my advice in a very rude manner or pointing out how i type something in. You most likely don't care but i will not post on this site ever again if it will make you all feel better about yourselfs. Im sorry for the long message.

Please don't get passive/aggressive on me - "Don't feel bad ..." "You most likely don't care but i will not post on this site ever again if it will make you all feel better about yourselfs." Please.

And, again, I know the background and expertise of the other people who are posting here - please add yours so that "we" can take you more seriously.

Sep 9, 2012, 04:03 PM
    I, for one, apologize about the dysgraphia. I think we are all a little too used to kids and other young adults who are more used to texting than speaking.

Sep 10, 2012, 06:25 PM
    I, for one, apologize about the dysgraphia. I think we are all a little too used to kids and other young adults who are more used to texting than speaking.
    Thank you very much for that but you don't need to apologize. I hope you have a good day.

Feb 6, 2013, 11:43 AM
    If you don't mind, I'd like to ask about your deliverance and salvation. Can you describe the details of these events? Why were you praying specifically for the discerment of spirits. Also, fyi, the discernment of spirits has nothing to do with seeing spiritual entities.

May i ask what area you live in?
    Hey,

When I was delivered I experienced angels. Unfortunately, this is where my focus remained and my eyes were taken off the Lord. I began reading books by people who have had angel experiences, with authors like Judith MacNutt. I began to feel that I needed to discern between spririts because I am taking my MA in Mental Health Counseling and also my MA in Theology (Christian Counseling) and believed that if I could discern which spirits are attached to them, I could help them fight their spiritual warfare better and easier. So, I've learned be careful what we pray for because we might just get it. I have something negative visit when I end a fast, but it's always followed by something protective that makes it leave. I linked the two together because of the time frame they both began in, so I assumed that since I asked to "see" and now I can see and hear that it was an answer.

Feb 6, 2013, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayparanormal View Post
    Certain spirits give off certain energies if you feel scared or uncomfortable around this spirit then its not a gaurdian. There is not a lot known of shadows but they appear and feel sinister. A shadow as they are called could be a demon, evil spirit, or someone who died a violent death. You dogs can see the spirit, animals can feel, sense, or see things we cannot. You dog was acting weird because your spirit was around because dogs are sensitive around this type of thing. You said you heard voices were there two and if so did it sound like they were having a conversation? Are they speaking in a different language or really fast.
    Did I answer this? If not, there were two voices, but on separate occasions. The first voice on the right side of my bed was a male and not an older man, and he was talking to someone else, and he touched me. The next night was a booming loud voice that felt as though it was lie a jet engine would sound. As tough it could have shaken the whole town, but was contained to my room. Although weird how I felt it came from the left side of my bed. It sounded from another world, a hint of a dialect because it seemed to be bursting into this world from somewhere else... so hard to explain.

However, since then I have heard evil voices that screech. In fact, I was telling someone how I can always recognize when they speak in my ear because they always screech. I think I repeated this several times talking about it and then that night there was a voice at the end of my bed talking in a male voice with a weird accent, and then another voice talking in a female voice. It seemed like maybe two things and they wouldn't shut up and I couldn't sleep, so I yelled out, "Stop!" They stopped. Maybe they were trying to show me that they don't always screech?

Feb 6, 2013, 05:56 PM
    Again... make sure you understand that the Gift of spiritual discernent is just that... a Gift. It's not something you can learn... and it may also be something God doesn't need you functioning in. Of course you can pray for it... but don't try to make it happen. The Gift of spiritual discernment is simply going to be God revealing through what motivates a person... what's behind how they work. It's not necessarily knowing whether a spirit is good or bad... that should be something any Christian can do when applied to Biblical criteria.

It sounds to me that something may still be going on around you. Remember, we're told in the Bible that spirits will try to return to their home after they have been removed. Be prepared to stand against and resist a lot of these manifestations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost or Guardian Angel? [ 22 Answers ]

I realize this is going to sound crazy, but I have to know whether anyone else has ever experienced anything like this, or if someone can help explain what's happening. I first experienced this just a couple of years ago while living in TX. I awoke in middle of the night to the sounds of snoring...

Ghost movies from late 80s early 90s about a girl who sees her boyfriend ghost who di [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie about a girl whose boyfriend died in a plane crash and she starts seen his ghost, then she has somekind of accident and goes into a comma and then her spirit meets with her boyfriends spirit and the hospital where she is and she can she her body lying on the bed. At the end of the...

Name of movie: Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling [ 1 Answers ]

Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling out of a window; man who ghost thinks of as worthy of being his predecessor

A Twin Shadow, Twin Ghost, Twin Guardian? [ 3 Answers ]

I have two friends (a male and a female) that they say that they have a twin - a black being, like a shadow that guards them.. They have different cases.. My female friend said that when someone sleeps in their house, especially for the first time, they notice someone who's like roaming around in...

Legal guardian after 18 [ 2 Answers ]

I was given permanent custody of one of my daughters friends who was a teenager. Now that she is 19 what is my legal relationship to her? Can she still list me as next of kin for medical issues.

View more questions Search