Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lben Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Free hvac questions answers
    My blower wheel in my AC unit is not fully turning. Its causing the coils to freeze as well and the AC will kick on outside and inside, but the air does not come through the vents. Is there a quick fix for this?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 2, 2012, 03:07 PM
    If the blower doesn't seem to be running at full speed, I would suggest replacing the blower motor run capacitor first and foremost (or check it if you have a multi meter with uf setting.) A run cap will normally cost between five and twenty bucks, so a good place to start. If cap is good, or new cap doesn't cure the issue, you will need a new blower motor and matching capacitor. Now, this is all assuming the blower actually isn't running at full speed. Other issues could be: dirty filter, plugged evap coil, plugged secondary heat exchanger coil (if furnace is a high effiecency model) or low charge of refrigerant (hope not).

Start with a cap check or replacement and let me know how things work out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free hvac questions answers [ 4 Answers ]

How to recover r22 from residential system into the compresser so that I can change out coil then reuse r22

Hvac questions free [ 1 Answers ]

I have a split system A/C. My unit outside has frost on the pipe and will not turn on. How can I fix this problem? Is my air conditioner ruined?

Free hvac questions answers [ 0 Answers ]

Can I go with a 8 x 14 square to oval reducer and run flex duct to the phlenum and maintain pressure I walked into a trunk that runs flesh with the wall and I no room from or extensions

Free answers to ob/gun questions?I have [ 1 Answers ]

I have had three periods this month. Is this normal or should I seek medical attention?

View more questions Search