Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nealsmemory Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2007, 07:26 PM
    A good bra?
    This might not be the right place to ask this - but please, any 'fluffy' women out there, where do you find a comfortable bra?? I am working on weight loss and I need to lose a lot of weight. But after nursing 5 children and with this weight, I'm approx. 48DD, but it's all sag. I could roll my bosoms up and stuff them in! I have had professional fittings, tried more and less expensive bras, but the weight of my bosoms pulls the bra up in the back and it cuts under my arms. I can't stand underwire because it cuts into my ribs, and most larger sizes have either no padding to give it shape or stands out like the brow of a ship. ANY IDEAS? Thanks so much!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2007, 07:32 PM
    I like the "Just My Size" bras. They are comfortable and really not too expensive, compared to some of the others I have found in department stores.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 08:36 PM
    My wife was much larger than that, and to be honest after a certain point you just have too much weight ( mass) pulling down on two straps, and that is pulling down on your shoulders and back.

** this can cause back problems as you grow older also.

A support pad ( you have to almost make your own) to fit under or around the strap, to cushion it helped her some.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nealsmemory
    This might not be the right place to ask this - but please, any 'fluffy' women out there, where do you find a comfortable bra???? I am working on weight loss and I need to lose a lot of weight. But after nursing 5 children and with this weight, I'm approx. 48DD, but it's all sag. I could roll my bosoms up and stuff them in! I have had professional fittings, tried more and less expensive bras, but the weight of my bosoms pulls the bra up in the back and it cuts under my arms. I can't stand underwire because it cuts into my ribs, and most larger sizes have either no padding to give it shape or stands out like the brow of a ship. ANY IDEAS? Thanks so much!
    The only thought I have is, is to customize a bra that has some support, putting some kind of soft padding under the straps, or under the arms. If you tried the best and the worst and tried the different kind of speciality shops, how about the norm like sears, penny's or macy's and talk to one of the girls there, I'm sure they've helped with every problem there is? If your continuing with a good weight loss program, of good nutrition, and exercise hopefully this will relieve some of the stress. :o
    tinatina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nealsmemory
    This might not be the right place to ask this - but please, any 'fluffy' women out there, where do you find a comfortable bra???? I am working on weight loss and I need to lose a lot of weight. But after nursing 5 children and with this weight, I'm approx. 48DD, but it's all sag. I could roll my bosoms up and stuff them in! I have had professional fittings, tried more and less expensive bras, but the weight of my bosoms pulls the bra up in the back and it cuts under my arms. I can't stand underwire because it cuts into my ribs, and most larger sizes have either no padding to give it shape or stands out like the brow of a ship. ANY IDEAS? Thanks so much!
    Go to victora secret
    deerdr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Bali has a comfort strap bra, that has a gel inside the strap. I think there is a Just my size bra that does too (same as the bali, only sold as JMS) not sure of the style number but I can find out
    nealsmemory Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Thanks to everyone, I'lll go shopping again. Also, I never thought of Victoria's Secret; didn't know they have larger sizes.
    Thanks again!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Lane Bryant and Victoria's Secret are owned by the same company and have many of the same brand names. If you cannot find your size at Victoria's Secret, try Lane Bryant. That is what the sales associate at Victoria's Secret told me. Good luck.
    takara81 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 04:09 PM
    I use to wear 38J... yes it's true :( I had a reduction though... I don't know where you live but I went to Ann's Bra Shop. I would visit this website. If you live close GO THERE. They will find the right bra for you that will keep them in place! :) And I would not recomment Victoria Secret or Lane Bryant. They are decent bras for smaller sizes, but not for the wear and tear you will put them through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bra That Fits [ 4 Answers ]

I currently wear a 40DDD bra, which I know totally doesn't fit me, so I got re-measured and they said I'm a 38I. Ok, they don't sell those in stores, so I searched online for bigger bras and ordered a 38I. It seemed too small, so I ordered a bigger one... too big! :mad: Does anyone have...

Is it over for good? [ 23 Answers ]

Met the most amazing through an unsolicited IM in 1999. We were in are early 20's. The IMing turned to phone conversations, and then meeting 5 months later. We fell in love so quickly. I moved from my home to where she lived at the beginning of 2000. In the summer of 2006, after some very...

Clear bra [ 1 Answers ]

Hello pretty lady, I thought since you are a model you could help me with this, I am looking for clear back bra, I do not want to wear the one you put on the breasts, I want to add padding that is why I need to wear a full bra and then insert the silicon , my dress is backless Thank you for your...

Bra sisez [ 3 Answers ]

Are women's bra sizes different than children's?if so, HOW?

Here is another good one. [ 1 Answers ]

What PMS Really Stands For: 13. Psychotic Mood Shift 12. Pack My Stuff 11. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

View more questions Search