Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JillianRoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Can we get a mortgage?
    Here's is the situation. I am a stay at home mother with a credit score in the middle 700's. My husband who is the sole financial provider has no credit, not bad credit, no credit. Would we be able to get a traditional 30yr mortgage?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 7, 2007, 07:30 PM
    If you have the income you shoulkd be able to.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 08:39 PM
    I would start with your local bank, if you have a good one.

And if not, get with a mortgage broker who can shop around for the best deal foryou
    cissy17 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Chuck's totally on the right path... Start with your bank, because they know you and I'm assuming that he's on the bank account, as you said he's the sole $$$ provider. I worked with a woman who was a stay-at-home w/ good credit, but her husband (new to the country, no american credit) was the $$$-winner. Their bank (suntrust) got them a great loan for their first home - it pretty much boiled down to they knew how they managed their money and accounts.
    krittengirl Posts: 63, Reputation: 14

Apr 17, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JillianRoy
    Heres is the situation. I am a stay at home mother with a credit score in the middle 700's. My husband who is the sole financial provider has no credit, not bad credit, no credit. Would we be able to get a traditional 30yr mortgage??
    Ask your bank if they have a first time homeowner loan that is based on length of time you have had the same job instead of credit score. I have this type and it has been great. These loans when through your bank have very competitive interest rates and are very fair. Usually these are income sensitive (you must make below a certain amount to qualify)

If you find this information helpful please rate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Mortgage Help [ 7 Answers ]

We have owned our house for 2 years, we had to move out of state for a year so we rented our house out. The renters quit paying and we had to hire an atty to evict them and they left the house destroyed. Meanwhile we about the lost the house, we finally worked out an agreement with the loss...

Mortgage Help [ 3 Answers ]

I have in principle accepted a job in Ohio, I currently live and own a home in FL. I need to move my family there right away. However, I don't know how I can afford two mortgages or rent at the same time. My wife doesn't want to rent out our current home. Is there any way to obtain a mortgage on...

Getting out of a mortgage [ 3 Answers ]

I am buying my mobile home, and paying lot rent to park it here. Wife & I would like to get out of it and start over somewhere else in the near future. This was our first house, no credit back then... so we are paying 21% interest. Had it for 6 years now, and I still owe more than what the house...

Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add my friend to my mortgage loan. How do I do this?

Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

What will my payment be like on a 80/20 interest loan @7%?

View more questions Search